Tuesday, October 9, 2018

A Star Is Born

A Star is Born staring Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga...
A romantic drama, 
where an aging musician discovers and helps a young singer find fame,
 even as his own career is on a downward spiral.

A remake of the 1937, 1954 and 1976 films,
 perhaps the most recognizable of those being the 1976 version staring 
Barbara Streisand and Kris Kristofferson.

Bradley stars in, sings and directs this film, both he and Gaga are riveting!






- can you image $ 11.72 - each to see a movie -
- $ 7.00 for a small popcorn -
- plus tax, it set us back more than 30.00 bucks - 

It was worth every penny, go see it!
It is the best movie I have seen in a long while!

9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I remember the Barbara Streisand version. The movie prices have gone up over the years. Thanks for the recommendation.
Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

Susie said...

Debbie, I know that is cheap in some places and high in others. Our hometown theater charges 5 dollars for adults and 3 for children. Candy is still kind of reasonable also. Small town, maybe why we get good deals. Glad you enjoyed the movie and had a good time. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Farm Girl said...

You liked it a lot? I have always loved the 1976 version and I have seen the others and even last night I was listening to the sound track. I love the music.
I was always kind of into Kris Kristofferson. I think everything is just expensive everywhere. I am so glad you went.
Now I have to put that on my list.

Marie Smith said...

Plan to see it tomorrow!

Sue (this n that) said...

Happy to know you enjoyed it Debbie!

BeachGypsy said...

Glad you got to go and glad you enjoyed it! I also love to go to the movies! I did so love the 1976 version and the music from it, and because of that one, went back to watch the old vintage ones. Hope your week is going well!

21 Wits said...

I know I'm excited to see it too!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Great recommendation! I haven't been willing to pay those kind of prices for a movie for a while because we have Netflix and Amazon. Honestly, I think the last one we saw in a theater was La-la Land. Maybe this one should be the next. (They do have lower prices here for matinees; a couple of my girlfriends go pretty often to a show that starts before 1 p.m. I can't quite get around to doing that although they've asked a number of times.)

Conniecrafter said...

I am very curious about it, I haven't gone to the movie theater in some time, we always wait for it to come out in video :( Glad to hear it is that good!