Friday, May 27, 2011

Joy and Sadness

I often feel a deep connection with sadness but I immediately focus my thoughts to joy. Even when dealing with death I fill my mind with joyful thoughts of life, the connection I had with that person, and I immediately feel happiness.

I felt so much sadness when I found this..........


the home of one of my little buddies!!!!!
I thought about the joy this bird must have felt preparing this beautiful nest. The joy he/she felt as they found material suitable for building the all important nest, their home.

I also found this nest.......

I think this is a robins nest!!!!
All that work.....we left the nest right there for several days....
I thought perhaps the birds could reuse some of if for a new nest.
They never came back!!!!

I feel so much joy as I write today. It is Infusion Friday and as I type, I am connected to the medicine that keeps me walking and improves the quality of my life. The wireless connection is finally working here and that brings me tremendous joy!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie,
I am so glad the wireless connection is working for you there. I love your spirit and brightness - so encouraging!

I'm wondering if the wind blew those nests out. hmmm...

Ruth Hiebert said...

How wonderful to have medications which make life better.Have a great weekend.

TexWisGirl said...

you infuse US with joy and spirit and smiles, even if something initially made you sad. :)

Dawn said...

The nest thing is sad, and sadly so true to life. I've seen it happen here many times.
Glad things are happy for you...and hope your weekend is a good one:)

Buttons Thoughts said...

Sorry about the nest. I am glad you have medication that works for you that is wonderful.. I am glad you have your internet back. Have a great weekend. B

Julie G. said...

So sorry about the birds nest ... Thank goodness for the medicine. There is always joy to find even when feeling great sadness. Wishing you a delightful holiday weekend. I hope your spirits remain high!

Nancy said...

You know what Journey says about the wheel in the sky...

Things happen, either good or bad. But tomorrow will bring something new.

I found a couple of nests myself after a storm the other night. It is sad.

Hope your internet connection stays strong! Have a great weekend!

Susan said...

I like how you left the nest for bits of it to be re-used.
All the best Debbie :D)