Tuesday, June 13, 2023

In The Kitchen

 I made a couple of simple things in the kitchen that I didn't really have recipes for,
good, easy things!

This first one is Brussel Sprouts with Maple Syrup and Bacon Bits.
I saw this on the menu in one of the restaurants we go to and it sounded good.
I didn't order it, but made a metal note to make it at home.

Simple right...
- brussel Sprouts cleaned and quartered into a bowl -
- drizzle with maple syrup, I did not use enough, so I would say a heavy drizzle -
- mix with these cooked, real bacon pieces -


- spread onto a prepared baking sheet -
- I baked mine at 4oo degrees for about 20 minutes, I think -

Then as I often do, I forgot to take a picture when they were done.
I made them for a midday snack and they were delicious, but definitely needed more maple syrup.

Next up, these Upside Down Banana Tartlets 
I saw a video on InstaGram but there was no written recipe.

Here are the ingredients, next time I will use 2 bananas, I made 4 tartlets.

- line baking sheet with parchment paper -
- make small mounds of brown sugar -

- sliced banana on top of sugar -

- drizzle nutella on top of banana, I used way too much -

- cut puffed pastries on the lines and then cut those in half -

- put puffed pastry on top of the mounds you made -
- seal by pressing around the edges -

- brush with egg or melted butter, I used butter because there was not enough calories in these -

I can't remember how long I baked these for, maybe 20 minutes at 350 degrees but that is a real guess.
When browned, take them out and flip them over.

I drizzled these with caramel syrup and dusted them with powdered sugar,
because again they did not have enough calories or were not sweet enough.

We each had two and did not sleep for a week...if you get my drift!

8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I am not a fan of brussel sprouts. But, you recipe sounds good.
I would definitely try the upside down banana tartlets. They look delicious.
Thanks for sharing. Take care, enjoy your day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The recipe for brussel sprouts looks like a good one for my hubby. I'm not a fan either! lol

Black Knight said...

Thank you for sharing, my wife will be happy to try new recipes.

Marie Smith said...

Great idea for the sprouts. I prefer to roast them rather than boil for sure. Great additions.

Anything banana gets my vote. Looks yummy!

DeniseinVA said...

Yum for both recipes. I'm going to try them. Thanks Debbie :)

Rian said...

DH and I love Brussel sprouts. I wash them, slice them, steam them in my mom's old veggie steamer, and then put them in a pot, drizzle them with 'browned' butter and chopped up bacon bits. Delicious! I've never used maple syrup, but may give it a try.

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por las recetas te mando un beso. Enamorada de las letras

Debbie said...

JP Alexander translated: Thanks for the recipes I send you a kiss. in love with letters