Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Smugglers Quay Adventure Golf

 There were a few spins I could put on this story, two to be exact...
the truth, or the story the pictures tell.
Sunday, we went to play miniature golf, we call it putt-putt.
We have many to choose from but it was so hot and humid we drove down to the beach area, 
thinking it would be cooler.
When we parked and got out of the car, it seemed cooler.
"Seemed" is the operative word here.
We parked, paid to park, yes we have to do that and headed in the entrance to pay.
It was twenty two dollars, that sounded kinda' cheap but when I looked at the prices on the board,
she had given us the senior discount.
What...
 I was not sure I was happy about that, she didn't ask us, didn't ask to see our drivers license,
is it really that obvious?
Yes, it is!
Next, the all important ball color selection.
I'm sure you know how that went, purple for me, blue for the hubs.
We selected the 18 hole course and after 11 holes, I could barely walk I was so hot.
Sweat was dripping down my back and I seriously remember very little after that...
so there is the truth but wait until you see the fabulous pictures we took,
I could have told you anything and you would have thought we had an amazing time!









I always try to stay positive, so,
we had a blast for 4 maybe 5 holes,
after that, it is all a blur!

and a ps, because Jim asked...

it was a tie, can you believe that.
- 34 to 34 -

13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Looks like a fun time, It was hot and humid here.
The mini golf looks like a cute place.
Take care, have a great day!

R's Rue said...

Love it.

DrumMajor said...

More exciting than putt-putt in Kansas. Uh, maybe choose a cooler day? Linda in Kansas

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Dear Debbie!
It's so nice to see you smiling and happy.
Was there a draw?
Hugs and greetings.

Linda said...

Ha, reminds me the last time I played mini golf. We were in Virginia Beach, and it was very hot. I got very grumpy, finally realized I was dehydrated, went to the snack bar and drank water while the others finished the game.

Marie Smith said...

I don’t like the heat so that wouldn’t be the place for me. You did well to last so long!

Bonnie K said...

At least the first four were fun.

DeniseinVA said...

What fun! I haven’t played this in years.

BeachGypsy said...

Glad you got to go, but sorry it was so dang hot! You don't look hot in the pictures, you look so adorable in your cute outfit! We used to play mini golf in myrtle beach alot. they had huge courses, built up so high, ALOT OF CLIMBING. Big old fire breathing dragons, huge waterfalls, pirates, dinosuars roaring, fire shooting out of volcanoes, caves, brooks, animals, all kinds of neat stuff. I think I read myrtle beach is the mini golf capital of the world? ha ha LOL....but not sure? They sure have alot of courses around 60 I think, that's all I know. It's sure getting HOT HERE. I knew summer heat was on the way so I sure enjoyed our cool Spring/early Summer, it sure was nice. How are all your flowers doing?

Lowcarb team member said...

When the weather isn't too hot, these adventure golf courses are great fun.

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

I was excited to get a senior discount at one place, can't remember where it was but it was for 55 and older and I said to her oh I am a senior :) I got $2 off my meal, oh it was on vacation and we went to Perkins restaurant.
It looks like a neat place but I would need more shade, I can't take being in the sun for long anymore. You may have felt sweaty but you both looked great at hole 10 :)
You should have done one more to break the tie :)

Brian King said...

That's quite the impressive putt putt course! Too bad about the heat and humidity, but glad you enjoyed it for a while and the tie is very cool!

Ida said...

Looks like a pretty fun course. Of course being too hot is not fun.