Monday, June 5, 2023

Spotting A Bald Eagle

 Driving home the other day, I thought I saw a Bald Eagle...or did I?

Many thanks to the hubs for finding an odd parking lot to easily view the nest, 
and to my camera for having such an awesome zoom lens, it was indeed a Bald Eagle...
or the thrill of a lifetime!

There is just something so majestic and special about this large bird.





And then to my surprise, another flew in.
If you look in the nest, next to the pole the first Bald Eagle is on, I think I see a baby.

I will have to go back to see them again!


This cool kite was flying in the sky that day!

- the higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly -

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Great sighting of the eagle nest. I see the juvenile eaglet.
They are proud parents. Take care, have a happy week ahead.

Changes in the wind said...

What a great find...thanks for sharing.

Latane Barton said...

It's the coolest thing ever to see a Bald Eagle. I guess it's because we don't see them often. and yes, I see a baby in that nest!

BeachGypsy said...

Amazing sighting!-- yep I see the Lil baby too!!love eagles--- symbol of liberty and freedom!!

Bonnie said...

Wow! Beautiful sighting. I'm sure there is a law against disturbing an eagle's nest, though I worry, for them, about their choice.Such majestic birds.

Marie Smith said...

Great captures of the eagles. The young one in the nest is pretty special!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh how exciting! I am so happy for you.

The Furry Gnome said...

Great spotting!

TexWisGirl said...

Really awesome!

Black Knight said...

What a wonderful meeting with 2 beautiful creatures.
Great shots.

Ruth S said...

There is one on the corner near where I live. We watch them on the nest in January hatching their eggs. They comeback every year.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh how cool, I can imagine how excited you were to spot them, I get pretty excited every time we happen to see one, that is neat if there is a baby inside there, it sure looks like it to me.