Thursday, June 22, 2023

Moonstruck & The Pedal Boats

 We celebrated Father's Day morning with a special start down at the inlet.
Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee drinks and hot donuts from Top That Donuts.
There were a lot of men out in their personal watercrafts, and fishing at the edge of the inlet,
I did not see any commercial fishing boats.

In the evening we went for dinner at 
Moonstruck
our favorite restaurant.

We were greeted with love, new for pride month.
We were seated immediately as we arrived when they opened, 
they do not take reservations.

Live music is always so nice.

I loved this painting hanging on the wall, I don't remember seeing it before,
perhaps it is new.

I ordered this strip steak, I skipped the vegetables and ordered a double serving of mashed potatoes.
No point in taking up precious real estate in your belly on vegetables...
it's fine if you love them, but all I wanted was steak and potatoes.

The hubs had a Fried Fish Platter
Fish, Scallops and Shrimp

This restaurant has the best Creme Brulee I have ever eaten.
Black and White = Chocolate and Vanilla served warm, it is a must have if you go,
the sugar crust stays in your teeth for hours...(not really)

The Pedal Boats are right across the street and we pedaled after we ate.
And when I say "we", I mean the hubs!

That's right, I sit and enjoy the ride, he does all of the pedaling!

This purple swan is kinda' new.
The family that runs this is really one of the kindest families you will ever meet.
Husband, wife, and I think I have met their daughter...
and they have a young man that works with them who told me when he was just a young lad,
that one day he will be president.
He's 23 now and proudly said it again, I believe him.
If you are ever in Asbury Park, ride these boats on Wesley Lake, 
you will have the time of your life!

13 comments:

DrumMajor said...

What a cool place. Hope he swans are Democrats! Linda in Kansas

Leanne Coppola said...

Yum!!!!!! I agree with your double order of mashed potatoes. Smart move!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The restaurant sounds nice, I like the black swan picture. Your food choices both look yummy. The paddle swan boats are cute, great photo of you two.
Take care, enjoy your day!

R's Rue said...

The food looks delicious.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Lowcarb team member said...

Your food looks good :)
Love the picture of you both in the swan pedal boat.

All the best Jan

Marie Smith said...

You guys always have so much fun…and great food.

Rian said...

Food looks great... especially the Creme Brulee! (Dunkin donuts iced coffee sounds good right now too)

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Looks like a great day, starting with donuts and ending with creme brulee. Steak and fish in the middle is a bonus!

The Furry Gnome said...

I woulda skipped the potatoes and doubled the veggies!

BeachGypsy said...

wow, that supper looks DELICIOUS!! yum! I like the black swan painting too. Loved seeing y'all in that PURPLE SWAN BOAT...looks like so much fun! Such a good picture of y'all!!

Black Knight said...

Looks like a great day.
I love the mashed potatoes!

Veronica Lee said...

Fun photos!
Love the photo of you both in the swan boat.
The food looks amazing.

Hugs and blessings, Debbie.

Conniecrafter said...

Sounds like a wonderful day out, the meal looks great, well yours, I don't like fish. Nice of hubby to do all the paddling, so cute you had a purple swan to go in!