Friday, April 17, 2020

The Cherry Blossoms

We go to Washington D.C. every year to see the Cherry Blossoms.
They are so very beautiful and we look forward to this trip every year.
It's a great trip, not too far, very familiar...
we stay at the same hotel, do the same things and we eat at the same restaurants.
But still I miss that we couldn't go this year.
While I was cleaning out one of the cabinets in the living room, 
the one with "some" of my scrapbooks, I found this fun book I have not looked at in years.

Washington, D.C., April 2014








We had a little extra time and we went to the Crime Museum.

In June we were off to Hershey, Pa.
that trip is also included in this scrapbook!




Indian Echo Caverns, close by to Hershey.


The other of these two book is my postcard book, which has not been seeing any action.
This is the front...

Each time the hubs and I go on a vacation,
the hubs mails me a postcard and I mail one to him.
We write about the things we did and what our favorite part of the trip was.
It is a great way to memorialize favorite thoughts before you leave.
A few days after returning home, we receive the postcards (so fun) and read them.
It is so interesting to read what the other person wrote.

A "Postagram" to the hubs from me!

This is the back, I used a thin wood covered with a postcard,
and 2 of those rings to hold things together.
Pretty ribbons added to the rings, it is very easy to open and add postcards to.

This book was simple to make and it grows every year.
I hope we have the opportunity to add to it this year!

14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie,

I love your scrapbooks and the postcards. They are both great ideas and wonderful memory keepers. We went to the Cherry Blossoms festival once, it was too crowded for me. Take care, have a happy day!

Changes in the wind said...

Sorry you can't go this year but glad you have the pictures from the past to cheer you up.

Plain Jane said...

What wonderful memories and how amazing it must be to be able to take a trip down memory lane in these not so normal times.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Ella said...

Beautiful memories!
... and I thought you really saw the cherry blossoms!

Marie Smith said...

You are so organized, Debbie. The post card idea is great!

Rian said...

Love your travel journals, Debbie!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great memories .

The Furry Gnome said...

It must be wonderful to have all those memories!

BeachGypsy said...

Oh what a PRETTY POST.....I enjoyed this one so much! loved seeing your pretty picture books and your postcard album, I love looking at stuff like this. Wow the trees in full bloom are so pretty, that's something we've never done is to go see the trees. Very pretty scenes. Hope y'all are doing great!

♥ Liz ♥ said...

I love your journals. The cherry blossom is amazing and it's so nice that you kept a record of so you can still see it this year.

Sue (this n that) said...

They've come in handy this year, not only for enabling you to re-live happy times but as a substitute for the real thing. It's quite something to be able to browse through your lovely collection Debbie. You stay in the most beautiful accommodations and the best thing is that you enjoy every moment to the full.
Love Chuck's romantic little sign-off on one of his postcards peeking innocently out ;D) Hugs and stay well in your bubble of safety xx

Conniecrafter said...

We had to cancel a trip the end of March to the ozarks and now we have cancelled our May trip to Tennessee, it is so sad but I am hoping we can get some trips in later this summer. How neat that you came across these and you can relive past trips that you have been on, you do such a great job with these!

LeAnn said...

Oh, my dear friend, I loved looking at your adventures journal-ed in books. You have do the funnest things and I am happy you share them. I'm sad you couldn't take the trip this year, but we will have better times. I especially love the postcards you send to each other; what a wonderful idea.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!