Monday, April 27, 2020

Inspiration

Karen, 
reads my blog frequently from what I can tell,
she does not have a blog and comments only occasionally.
She left me a comment on Friday that gave me great inspiration...
"I don't care what you write about, 
it's all interesting, that's why I have been reading your blog for years".
That really struck a cord, and has inspirited me to make more of an effort to write 
and to try to make my words and pictures interesting and fun!
My friend Connie also reminded me of a few things to write about.
I am going to make a list of the things I enjoy, fun things I can write about and pictures I can share.
We rode the bikes on Saturday, it was a gorgeous day and we stayed in our neighborhood.
I was not able to get back home, but I made it most of the way.
Same story there, the hubs went for the car and he came and got me.
I made it much further than the last time.

I have been cooking a lot and I have made some pretty awesome meals!!
Still using Home Chef, here are a few of our favorites...


Pulled Pork Gyros with Dill Crema and Feta - 2 each.
I added the crispy fried potatoes with onions.


Classic Chicken Piccata
with penne pasta and lemon caper butter sauce


Chicken Breast and Caramelized Shallot Demi
with spinach and potato gratin


Caesar Chicken with Parmesan Green Beans
I put the caesar dressing on the side, and added the potatoes, they were not part of the meal package.
The hubs purchased a 10 pound bag of Yukon Gold Potatoes at Costco,
I never dreamed we would eat them all, but this is the last of them!
They were really good potatoes, with lots of flavor.


I made this fun memory, I think when this is all over, I will roll it up
and place it in my beautiful moments jar.


Here's my handsome gardner, he keeps the yard looking mighty beautiful!


This Song Sparrow has been hanging around a lot.
It is in this area year round but I don't usually see them at my feeders during the winter.
They have very distinct markings and a fairly long tail.
Most notably, they have a very sweet song!

Another day in the books, I have not had any trouble keeping busy!!
How about you guys, what are you doing to keep busy?

16 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie
I am glad you were out riding your bike, it does feel good just to be outside. Your meals look yummy. That is a cute idea for your memory jar. Nice shot of your gardener. These quarantine days will be something I never forget. I keep busy, watching my yard birds, cooking, reading and computer time. Stay safe and healthy. Have a good day and great week ahead.

karen said...

Have a great day too Debie ⚘

Ella said...

… are you kidding me? I'm so hungry now! LOL
The two hands are awesome!

R's Rue said...

Yum.

Ruth Hiebert said...

All that food looks delicious . You obviously are a great cook.

Sandi said...

Inspirited?

Would you believe I am a thousand years old and have never heard this word? You have inspirited me also! I had to look it up to be sure, but yes you have. I like the life in your blog, the flowers, the ice sculptures, the American flag peeking into the second to the last photo, and now even the potatoes. It is a breath of fresh air.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like those hands …

Great pictures, I wish I'd had a camera or camera phone on me recently because having a walk in the garden we suddenly came across a duck, he was peering out from a bush, we stood quietly and almost had a staring contest … but we walked on.
I'm now wondering will we see it again … there is a lake quite close by so it's probably gone back there.

Have a good week, or as good a week as possible in the present circumstances.

All the best Jan

Marie Smith said...

We have a pair of song sparrows nesting at the front of the house. Love those little birds!

Farm Girl said...

Well now I am hungry. Your dinners look wonderful. Good for Chuck! I think you blog is wonderful. Thanks for sharing Debbie.

DeniseinVA said...

Well, we've been cooking a lot but nothing like your gourmet delights :))) They look absolutely delicious. Chuck is superman! Enjoyed all your photos as I always do when I visit. I am happy Karen inspired you as I also feel that each and every post of yours is a fun read.

The Furry Gnome said...

Good lookin gardener!

Conniecrafter said...

Since you said you were sharing a few of your favorites, I take it you ended up liking gyros? Your potatoes looked great with them, I do like my potatoes :)
Love your quarantine buddies hands, that is a neat idea.
We have had a few loud birds this year, louder than we ever remembered and when I was watching the news the other day they had a segment on how things have changed since we have been staying at home and it mentioned that the birds are making up for the level of noise that they are used to hearing, isn't that something. Glad I was able to give you some ideas of things to write about, you need to make one of your lists of things to see once this is all over too :)

Linda said...

Your dinners look amazing! I’m assuming it’s for two servings and no leftovers. Perfect!
Glad you did another bike ride and I hope you did not fall! Our little Kailey is always telling Granddad, “Now DO NOT hurt yourself!” Ever since she was little, she’d see a boo boo on Louis Dean and just fuss over him!
Yes, you have a handsome gardener!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Your dinners look so good...Bill put a pork roast in the crockpot and then made pulled pork last week ... I wish I’d seen your idea for one of the (several) days we ate different versions of that meal! They were all good though. We’re not having any trouble finding things to do .... although Bill is busier in Florida and I know he misses that.

Brian King said...

Can't complain about meals like that! Starting the home delivered meals had an unexpected benefit!

LeAnn said...

Wow, I looked at these photos and immediately went up for lunch. All the pictures looked so yummy. Really liked the photo of your hubby's ground keeping. Such a sweet little bird picture today too. We saw Robins today in our yard and I'm again asking my husband for a bird house. We actually saw two cute Robins today and bigger signs of spring. I'm so happy! The weather has been beautiful the last few days. Blessings and hugs!