Wednesday, April 22, 2020

An Epic Bike Ride

Our weather was all over the place yesterday.
When I walked out to the mailbox the sun was so bright and warm, 
I decided a bike ride in the neighborhood was in order.

A shower was needed, hair had to be washed and blown dry,
 - I did not want to scare the neighbors -
by the time I was done, it was raining...good thing for the delay I thought,
you don't want to get caught outside in the rain!

Later on, the sun came out and it was again gorgeous outside.

On the driveway, getting ready, 
it was starting to cloud up a little but we decided to go anyway.

This, quickly turned to...

this...

and we did not make it home in time.
There was hail, thunder, lightning and a deluge of rain.
We were riding in a retirement community by our home, and we huddled between 2 buildings.

We were in quite the quandary,  
but as it let up a little, the hubs rode home,
got the car and came and got me.
It has been reported that there may have been a tornado in our section of town,
some of the pictures are pretty impressive and can be viewed in this article.

If you like pina coladas...remember that one?

17 comments:

Andy said...

April showers bring May flowers. :-)

Natalia said...

What a weather! Thanks for the pictures!

Dicky Bird said...

Wow, crazy weather! What a nice husband! Mine would do the same.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, we had the same crazy weather yesterday. We were caught in it coming out of the food store. it is scary hearing about the tornadoes. Take care, enjoy your day!

Ella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ella said...

Sorry! I was on the wrong page with my comment! Oops!
With us it is dry weather ... I can say too dry! But I am not complaining!
The clouds look very threatening!
Have a nice day, Debbie!

Farm Girl said...

Yes of course I remember Pina Coladas. :) That is a sweet way to look at it. Those are quite impressive clouds. I bet you could have been in a tornado. I bet it was fun though. Its rained so much here this year, I just go to where I just ignored it and did what I had to do. But never with clouds like that. :) I am glad you were safe.

Ruth Hiebert said...

As much as I enjoy watching a good storm, I don’t want to be caught in it.

The Furry Gnome said...

Your hubby is such an honourable fellow!

Marie Smith said...

That sky was foreboding for sure. Must have been scary!

Angie said...

Oh yes, I remember the pina colada song! I don't mind rain if I am dressed properly, but that does not include riding a bike in the rain. Even with a guard on the rear tire, you get all that spray up your back. Yuck. Glad you weren't caught in the tornado!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow those were quite the clouds there wasn't it, I would have stayed home with that coming. Good thing you had a spot to wait it out, glad you didn't get caught in a tornado. You know I am going to be singing that song all night now, LOL!

BeachGypsy said...

Goodness gracious Debbie I guess you should've just waited to take your shower OUTSIDE........HA HA lol!! My gosh, those dark clouds looked scary!! Yikes. Glad y'all made it home safely. Oh yes!-- I do remember the pina colada song, it was cute. Do you and your hubby have a song? Do you remember a song that went "hey baby--they're playing our song-its the one with the pretty melody, it's the one that made you fall in love with me. It made us feel so groovy, we fell in love, just like in the movies". I just love the old classic hits. Back when music was music. Hope you are having a "groovy" week my friend!

baili said...

oh these are absorbing images dear Debbie

i am here to say hello and drop my best wishes
stay well and healthy my friend!

Brian King said...

Fantastic clouds! Sometimes it's fun to get caught in the rain (NOT a tornado, however). Me thinks you showered too soon, though! LOL!

Lowcarb team member said...

I think you were good to go out … pleased you made it home safely.

All the best Jan

LeAnn said...

Oh, that was a bit scary! The pictures explain it well. I'm happy you made it home safely. Stay safe, my sweet friend.
Hugs for you two! You are inspiring!!