Thursday, April 2, 2020

Front And Center, The Crowning Jewels

Do you remember when we went to the Car Show in Hershey, Pa.
October 12, 2019
If you missed them, those posts can be viewed here and here.
At some point the hubs grabbed the camera 
to photograph some of the hood ornaments that were on the cars.
I thought it was a brilliant idea, we were half way through the show, I wish we had started sooner.
I never shared the photographs here,
and since this is a pretty dry time for blogging material,
I thought I would share them today!

Some of these are pretty amazing!














I'm so glad I thought of these...they were all so unique and beautiful!
Did you have a favorite? 
I think my favorite was the guy with the bow and arrow, but really they were all amazing!

I would like to wish everyone the patience to enjoy this precious time at home.
Stay safe, be well and more than that, be happy.
These are days we will never get back, so please, make the best of them.
I am so happy to have all of you to spend time with!

14 comments:

Andy said...

That is what I call art. Perhaps the hubs needs his own blog.

eileeninmd said...


Wow, these are all amazing. Is that a roadrunner #4 from the bottom? I am sure it is my favorite. Take care and enjoy your day!

Dicky Bird said...

That was a cool idea! I like the chief - I am 1/4 Potawatomi. My dad was born and rasied on a reservation in northern WI.

Ella said...

Some?! They are all pretty amazing!
Stay save! Enjoy your day!

Brian King said...

Fantastic! I remember when hood ornaments used to be a thing. We had nothing as awesome as these, but when I was a kid we had some Buicks with manufacturers hood ornaments.

The Padre said...

True Craftsmanship - I Appreciate How Much Detail You Were Able To Capture

Cheers

21 Wits said...

Oh my goodness they are very extremely amazing! The artwork is just stunning in all of the designs. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Monica Hein ~ Beauty Diary said...

OMG they all look amazing!

Marie Smith said...

The fourth from the end is pretty incredible! Take care you two.

DeniseinVA said...

Well done on the idea of taking photos of the hood ornaments. Great photos from hubby, they are all very grand looking. I love all of them but did enjoy that first shot a lot, as well as the one you mentioned, and also Mercury. Thank you for the wise words at the end of your post. Wishing you the same sentiments.

LeAnn said...

It's fun to see these photos of the hood ornaments. I think my favorite was the airplane one. My husband has collected model airplanes through the years.
Thanks for this one and sending hugs to you two!

Nastya Deutsch said...

You have a wonderful blog! The topics you write about are very close to me. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

I follow you through GFC! If you want, go to my blog :)

MY NEW POST: TOP 11 VERY CHEAP PROM DRESSES 2020 ♥

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Those guys sure know how to push the polish on their cars. Brilliant Debbie. Stay Safe and have a lovely weekend.

Conniecrafter said...

Those are so cool, I am glad these old cars are keeping up these works of art!! Oh man I am torn can I have two favorites, the first and the last are my top two :) Love the detail in the feathers of the Indian headdress and that last one has such a great classic look to it!!