Monday, April 6, 2020

Just So I Never Forget...

Just so I NEVER forget.....on April 3, 2020

The price of gas is $2.10.
School cancelled - till at least April 30th.
Self-distancing measures, 6ft from another person.
Tape on the floors at grocery stores and others to help distance shoppers (6ft) from each other.
Limited number of people inside stores, therefore, lines form outside the store doors.
Non-essential stores and businesses mandated closed.
Parks, trails, entire cities locked up.
Entire sports seasons cancelled.
Concerts, tours, festivals, entertainment events - cancelled.
Weddings, family celebrations, holiday gatherings - cancelled.
No masses, churches are closed.
No gatherings of 50 or more, then 20 or more, then 10 or more, now 5 or more.
Don't socialize with anyone outside of your home.
Children's outdoor play parks are closed.
Shortage of masks, gowns, gloves for our front-line workers.
Shortage of ventilators for the critically ill.
Panic buying sets in and we have no toilet paper, no disinfecting supplies, no paper towels, no hand sanitizer.



Shelves are bare.
Manufacturers, distilleries and other businesses switch their lines to help make visors, masks, hand sanitizer and PPE.
Government closes the border to all non-essential travel.
Fines are established for breaking the rules.
Stadiums and recreation facilities open up for the overflow of Covid-19 patients.
Press conferences daily from the President and Governor. 
Daily updates on new cases, recoveries, and deaths.
Government incentives to stay home.
Barely anyone on the roads.
People wearing masks and gloves outside.
Essential service workers are terrified to go to work.
Medical field workers are afraid to go home to their families.
If you cough, people wonder if you have it.
Life, as we knew it, slowed down, changed completely.
This is the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) 
Pandemic, declared March 11th, 2020.
Why, you ask, do I write this down...
One day I will want to remember...
And this will be my reminder that life is precious and not to take the things we love so dearly for granted.
We have so much!
Be thankful!
Be grateful!
Be kind to each other - love one another - support everyone!


And one last thing, 
when the hubs asks me where I want to go for dinner, 
I will never again say I don't care or I don't know...
I will know where I want to go!

23 comments:

Kim Sharman said...

Sounds like a horror movie, doesn't it.

Andy said...

There are a lot people working on the front line for us. The best way to help them out is to follow the rules.

BeachGypsy said...

Great post!!!!!!!

Sandi said...

It is so unbelievable.

The Padre said...

Brilliant Time Capsule

Big Hugs

Jean said...

Stay safe and well, Debbie and Chuck!

Debbie said...

hi jean, enjoy this quiet, peaceful time...the silver lining to all of this!!!

Dicky Bird said...

This is a good post! Yes, we all need to remember. I feel bad for the seniors...no graduations. Here in north central WI gas $1.48

Changes in the wind said...

It has turned our world upside down and put us to the test, that is for sure.

Debbie said...

yes...many parts of it do but i enjoy the extra time at home, and the slower pace. things seem so peaceful!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie, I would have never imagined we and the world would be where we are right now. Today we were told not even to go out to the food store. I hope everyone has food to eat. I am thankful, grateful and looking forward to eating dinner out. Take care & stay safe! Wishing you a happy day and a great new week!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

well, said my friend Debbie. so true. i am trying to be thankful and feel blessed. and when i get nervous or anxious ... i stop and just sit quiet for a moment. take care and enjoy your quiet. ( ;

Ella said...

I have not yet seen empty shelves in the Dutch supermarket and I am so grateful for that!
Stay well and stay cheerful, Debbie!

Marie Smith said...

Great idea to keep track of what’s going on!

R's Rue said...

❤️

Ruth S said...

When this is over we should meet at S B for supper!

The Furry Gnome said...

A strange time we're living through!

Ruth Hiebert said...

We are definitely experiencing something unique . now, I would rather just have 'normal' , but it's not how it is right now.

Rian said...

I saw this on Facebook and shared it too... and this is definitely something we won’t be forgetting. Keep safe and stay well Debbie!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Nobody alive has ever been through anything like this. It is good to remember and to hope it is soon a memory . I do think the world won’t be quite the same again after this is over. Take care of yourselves. We are among those wearing gloves and masks every time we are outside our (now temporary rolling) home.

Conniecrafter said...

This is a great idea, I have heard that we need to document our lives as we are living them now so we can remember and for future generations. I have taken a few pictures of things to remember, but writing it all down is a good idea. One thing that I don't think I saw in your writing is how people are having very limited or no funerals, that is so sad to me, and those in the hospital have no family members by their side.
I had to laugh at your last line so I read it to my hubby, he said well where are we going and I said I don't care as long as I am not cooking.
Yes we have so much to be thankful for, hopefully when all this is over we can continue realizing that and not take people for granted.

Debbie said...

awwww yes, dinner out, what was that like???

LeAnn said...

This is such a great post that describes it all. We do need to have this as a reminder of these days and what it was like to live through them. I know we will come out as better people. More humble and loving towards our neighbors.
Yes, I like you will know exactly where I want to go when my husband asks. I am missing many fun moments. Although we are trying to make our days count at home.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!