Friday, April 24, 2020

New Needed Things

I am not a big shopper or buyer for items for the house these days.
As we are getting older, I am trying to pair down.
But some things you really need and throw rugs for my entry way was one of them.
The rugs I had must have been 30 years old, 
they were well cared for but the backs of the rugs had turned to dust!
To say it was time for new ones is in understatement.
I don't shop in stores, I do fine shopping on-line.
One on-line store I really like is Wayfair.com,
all of these items came from there.


I have a lot of blue accents in this area, 
blue stained glass and it is open to the living room which has a blue couch.
It all comes together nicely.

When the sun hits them they are light like this,
but in real time, without the sun they are a bit darker.
A total of 5 rugs, $ 228.00, I am super happy with the quality and the look.

I needed a table, with drawers, for next to my bed.
I found this one for $ 88.00, the size is perfect, and the quality is excellent!

A set of lamps for the bedroom, set me back $ 69.00,
and I really needed new lamps.

I needed something for this kitchen wall.
Either 2, 8 x 10's or something large like this as the wallpaper is faded.
I adore this, but I think maybe I was a bit over reaching when it comes to it's size.
Do you think it is too big for this wall?
Please be honest, I have other places I could put it!

Another day in the books, 
I don't mind being home but I am running out of things to write about!

14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your new rugs, table and lamp all look great. The message and kitchen sign looks great. I have never bought anything from Wayfair. Take care, stay safe! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

Ella said...

Everything you bought is beautiful!
We moved in Nov 2018 to a slightly smaller house, only 3 bedroom not 4,and you will think that everything will pass again! Nothing is further from the truth …
Anyway, I still have boxes that I need to unpack and furniture to assemble, but I wait until the attic is renovated …
Have a nice day and enjoy your new acquisition!

Changes in the wind said...

Everything looks great:)

karen said...

I dont care what you write about it's all interesting & that's why I've been reading your blog for years. I love your rugs table picture & lamps...

Conniecrafter said...

Those rugs are just gorgeous, love that night stand too! I don't think that sign is too big for that wall at all, perfect for you!
When do you do the butterflies again? Are you planting anything this year, when all that starts up again you will have more to post :)

Ruth S said...

Like the sign. Looks good on that wall.

Farm Girl said...

I love those rugs. How nice to keep you busy fixing up your house. I really like everything.

Marie Smith said...

I think the place is perfect for the sign. The mats are beautiful. I need to replace a few of mine too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Love those new rugs. No, that is not too large for that area. Not in my mind.

Debbie said...

hi karen, many, many thanks!! you are always a kind, "silent" supporter but i really LOVE when you pop in with a comment! when you don't, i always wonder if you are still reading!! i'm so happy you are...stay safe and stay happy!!!

Debbie said...

thanks ruth!!! i hope you and chris are doing well!! my first meal "out", after all of this is over, is going to be at "ruth chris steakhouse"!! great food, an even better view and awesome pictures will be taken. i can't wait!!

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your choices, everything you bought looks good to me :)

All the best Jan

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I love the sign right where it is... the only better place would be on my wall, because that’s definitely my motto these days! )). (And hopefully everybody’s). Love all the decor. We’ve used Wayfair too and been happy with them .

LeAnn said...

Your rugs are lovely. I do like the color blue. I can tell your home and decorating is superb. I like the photo of you two on the table. I like to shop Wayfair.com too. Did you get the table and lamps there too? I need a table and lamp for our Library. I think the sign and thought is perfect.
Blessings and hugs for you two!