Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Friday Infusion......

a seizure and a code blue, all for little ole' me. 40 doctors, nurses and techs raced to my side to watch me flail about on the floor having a seizure. My infusion mates scored my fall with a perfect "10". I also received a perfect "10" for my landing!! I spent the day in the emergency room, they sent me home around 7 p.m. I'm doing well, I slept great (they have pills for that) and hope to get some blog visits in today. We have internet now in the infusion suite so I was able to visit a few of you yesterday right before the seizure. I am a lil confused and very sore, from both the fall and the infusion. Today will be an inside day, which should = lots of bird pictures!!

This........

Hummingbird Picture
 was featured here:
http://namethathummingbird.com/2011/07/

I had nothing to do with it. They found the picture through my blog, sent me a note with the link and there I was!!!! What a thrill.....total excitement!!

I am not waiting for the storm to pass but rather I have learned to dance in the rain!!! It feels pretty amazing!!

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, bless you debbie! i'm sorry for the trauma drama, but glad you were in good hands. and impressed the judges to boot!

Ellie said...

Oh my goodness Debbie, sorry to hear you were taken unwell. Sounds like you are being well taken care of. Well done with the humming bird picture, very impressive. Take care and get well soon.

Anonymous said...

My goodness! I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm glad you are better today. Take it easy and prop your feet up and enjoy some rest today! :)


What a wonderful surprise that your photo was featured! Congrats!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am so sorry to hear that you had this set back.Keep on trusting and take it easy while you heal.

Clytie said...

I am in awe of you. Seriously. Not everyone would take such an incident and make it into something positive. And scoring a perfect "10", well that's a silver lining if I ever saw one!

Your hummingbird is famous! What a rush!!! I will have to go check out the link.

I hope you have a peaceful and blessed weekend.

Blessed Serendipity said...

Hope you are doing better and feeling good today. Your hummingbird picture is amazing it's no wonder that it needs to be shared. Sending you hugs and well wishes.

Danielle

Jill said...

Bless your heart, Debbie. I'm so sorry to hear you had such a terrible day yesterday. I am so glad you got good care and are feeling better. Rest well, my blogging friend.

NancyHoho said...

Hi Debbie, So sorry to hear about the action on Friday. I admire your ability to accept it all...the ups & the downs (yes, pun intended) Please take time to gather yourself together today. It's a fine day to just sit in the cool house & watch your feathered friends. We've had a quick visit from the hummer today!
PS, congratulations on scoring a set of perfect 10s!

Farm Girl said...

Oh I am so sorry, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Your attitude always amazes me. My Mom had seizures and she said it was so painful. Rest and I will be thinking of you.

Rose said...

Not exactly the kind of drama you want in your life, but at least you were where you were in good hands. Good you can see a little bit of humor in it...it helps to laugh.

Bonnie said...

Sending you lots of hugs! Hope they know what caused it so it doesn't happen again. You are an amazing woman. Put your feet up and watch the birds today and maybe tomorrow as well. More hugs! Bonnie

Leontien said...

OHhhhh! I'm glad your doing well now and i'm sure they checked you out really good before they let you go!

I did have a little chuckle about your perfect 10's! made me think about my "happy" times in the hospital!

A big HUG!
Leontien

Tammy said...

Oh, Debbie! I'm so sorry! Glad you are feeling better, though. Sure hope they figured out what went wrong.

Lisa Gordon said...

Oh my goodness, I am so glad you are okay Debbie. Keep that truly wonderful spirit you have!!
Sending you a hug!

Nancy said...

My internet was out of commission for most of the day yesterday -- so I didn't see this til this morning. Very scary, Deb. I'm so sorry -- hope you are up and around soon. Hugs!