Saturday, July 16, 2011

Friday Fun!!!!!

Chuck had busy work all day yesterday, outside the house, that equals no pool time for me. But that's o.k., I kept plenty busy with all my "very important stuff"......that equals picture taking & scrapbooking!! When he arrived home, I grabbed the camera and we were off. First stop dinner at Spano's, no pictures, I forgot, but the Cream of Mushroom Soup & Shrimp Scampi were to die for!!! I didn't die, so we were off chasing blog material. I don't live on an amazing pond (not yet, anyway) so I have to search for my stuff!!! Lazy driving and wandering eyes found some men crabbing, a family of ducks.......a huge flock of seagulls and then we found this.......

Swan Lake
The real name is Como Lake, there were 100's of these.......


Mute Swan's


they came right to the shoreline, I'm sure they thought we had food!!!


I loved the stillness of the water here and the perfect mirror image of the Swan!!!!


There were lot's of duck's.....
I had to back up to get this picture, they come right up to your feet!!!


We stopped here..........


we enjoyed this........


and this..........


we used the timer for this.....
the people watching mentioned that they were waiting for the camera to topple over,
WHAT!!!
then they offered to take a picture.......
no thanks, we already got two awesome ones!!!!!


We watched a Life Guard Competition,
the young participants were amazing athletes.  


The next Stop......you know where were going......


The Sundae Times!!!!
Isn't that the cutest name for an ice cream parlour???


Mine....chocolate, chocolate & more chocolate.....
I always have them put the chocolate syrup in the bottom of the cup in addition to the top...
and when I say "I", that means Chuck has to ask them to do it!!!!!
I do have a little soft serve chocolate ice cream with my syrup!!


Moose Tracks for Chuck!!!!

There were lot's of smiles driving home!!!!!

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh my. the syrup ice cream sandwhich! :) i'd like to try chuck's version.

loved the swans, and the overzealous mallard. and ahem, residing next to an awesome pond? hey, i resemble that remark!!! :)

Jill said...

My daughter always calls Fridays, Fun Fridays. We both approve of all of your fun! ;) Sure love those swans.

Ruth Hiebert said...

'Swan Lake' is beautiful.The ice-cream looks soooo good.

Farm Girl said...

Sounds like the perfect day. I love the swans and the duck and of course the beach and eating ice cream.
Thanks for a inspiring Friday. :)

Tammy said...

What a great day! 100s of swans! How cool is that?! Must have been awesome to see. I have only seen one in the wild so far...must not be looking in the right places.

Lisa Gordon said...

This sounds absolutelt perfect Debbie, especially th chocolate part!! :-)

You photographs are wonderful. I especially love the one of you and Chuck!

I wish you a beautiful Sunday!

Bonnie said...

You are a girl after my own heart! I love ice cream....no, really, I looooove ice cream. But, I am a vanilla girl. Your pictures are wonderful.

Reena said...

love all the shots, especially the beach shot! you're cruel to show those ice creams! ;-)

Dianna said...

What beautiful photos! Love the swans - haven't seen "our" mute swan in months! :(
Love the "Sundae Times"!
Looks like a wonderful day.

Adrienne said...

Wonderful escape! Great summer evening light in that photo of you two.