Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bird Hotel.....No Vacancy!!!!!

I snapped these pictures at the Colts Neck Fair, just as the sun was setting!! Chucks contribution, running for the camera that I left in the car. It is always a mistake to leave the camera in the car!!!

As I was taking the pictures Chuck said "Bird Hotel......No Vacancy"!! I didn't get it at first, I was hurrying to get the pictures as I was loosing the light. He said it again and then smiled........

The Bird Hotel......No Vacancy!!!!


they have been very busy in those cute little chalets.......


lot's of these..........


lot's of babies!!!!!!


posing.......


looking down on all the peeps waiting for the fireworks to begin.
They are probably always alone here.......
I'm sure he was thinking, what's all the fuss about!!!!!!

ooooohhhhh and I have no idea what these birds are but I am quite confident my blogger friends do!!!!

Now I know these are Purple Martians.......thanks to all my blogger friends!!!!!

16 comments:

LBB said...

What a great vacation home for the birds! So cool! :D

NancyHoho said...

Now that's a successful birdhouse/condo! I thought they were for sale at first.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I do believe these are Purple Martins.How appropriate for your blog.Great shots,and yes,it does look like no vacancy.

Lisa Gordon said...

Wow, now that is some birdhouse!!!
I love it!!
Great captures Debbie.
Happy Sunday to you!

Dawn said...

Quite the hotel. I bet it sounds so pretty they don't need elevator music;))

TexWisGirl said...

yup, purple martins. that is the most unique purple mountain condo i've ever seen. i like it much better than the big houses with all the holes. this way they each get a free-standing nest but can still nest in a colony!

Nancy said...

Wow, never seen that many martins in one spot. Great photos, Debbie!

Bonnie said...

I would guess purple martins and it looks as if others are of like thinking.

Jill said...

Love those purple martins. Such an interesting hotel they have. Great shots.

Tammy said...

Perfect title! Awesome capture.

How many shots and how long you asked...well these were taken on a walk with my Mom on our recent visit to oklahoma. I am ever watchful, and find I am becoming pretty observant. Honestly just a couple of shots and a few moments. Dragon flies don't sit still too long ;)

Kelly said...

...haha! It IS always a mistake to leave the camera in the car...or at home...or at the hotel room. (Your blog name fits these birds perfectly!) What a fun sight...

Bev said...

Love the hotel!! Lucky birds!!

Dianna said...

Aren't hubbies great - running back to the car for the camera we left?! Mine had to drive home (about 5 miles) last night to get the other camera lens so I could take pics of the fireworks!

Love these pictures!

Adrienne said...

I don't know anything about birds or bird houses...but this is cool! Enjoy the fourth!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

What a neat looking purple martin hotel! Great pix!

Susan said...

How novel! They really love their little hotel rooms by the look of them. Perfect caption too ;-)