Friday, March 2, 2018

"Confections" Of A Rock Star

I visited this bake shop shortly after they opened.
I wrote about that visit here.

Last week we were in the area and we stopped in for some cupcakes.
They are the best, and no one is paying me to say that.
The owner Kimmee plays the drums, has a band and a passion for baking.
She combined those passions and in 2012 and opened her bakery in Asbury Park
The decor rocks and Kimmee is amazing, I have met her several times.



The walls are painted hot pink and the decor is all about rock and roll...

When you visit, you leave a hand written message on the wall...

This is a full service bakery, with amazing treats...
but we love their cupcakes.

The cupcake names are written on hot pink cd's...
the names are Asbury Park - Rock and Roll themed.

My very favorite is the R'Asbury Park...
a few other favorites are sugaRush, S'More Than a Feeling, Red Carpet, oREO Speedwagon,
just to name a few.



Kimmee's drums, way up there!


This is such a fun bakery to visit and the staff are so friendly and helpful.
If you are ever in Asbury Park be sure and stop here,
they are located right on Cookman Avenue.

Then head on up to the boardwalk to enjoy your treat...
you can sit outside  
The Stone Pony or The World Famous Wonder Bar

The hubs and I love this area!

15 comments:

Jill said...

What a delightful place to appease all of ones senses! I love it!

Changes in the wind said...

What a fun place and love the piano keys counter.

Farm Girl said...

What a fun place. Yummy looking goodies too. You and Chuck so about so many awesome places.

Plain Jane said...

That looks like such a cool place and the cupcakes looks yummy too

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

What a cool place and the buns look yummy. Hope you have a wonderful weekend Debbie

Marie Smith said...

It sounds like a great area!

Ida said...

That looks like quite the place to visit. The decor is so fascinating and oh my the "goodies" there look absolutely scrumptious.

Kim said...

How fun, a rock and roll cafe; such a cool idea! Love the pink walls with all the messages written on them. Those confectioneries look delicious! I can only imagine the fun vibe one would feel when visiting this happy place.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can feel my waistline expanding...:)JP

LeAnn said...

This looks like a wonderful place to visit. I will put it on my list of things to do if we every get that way. You took some spectacular photos of it all. I loved the decor and all the music items. I especially think it is fun that you can write a message on their wall. Above all the treats look so yummy and the names are very unique.
I do love cupcakes so I am sure I would love this place. You do find the fun places.
Blessings and hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

Looks like such a fun place and those treats look just amazing!! It would keep you busy reading all the stuff on the walls.

Pam said...

Oh that looks like such a really cool place to visit. It would be so neat to leave your comment and name on the wall....my mom never let me write on the walls!! haha

MarmePurl said...

What fun names for the treats. I'd love me a little oREO speedwagon.

Brian King said...

That's awesome! The wall messages is a great idea! She's made it a fun place and apparently has great tasting treats!

Unknown said...

What a great place, Debbie, and I love the names!!! :-)
xo.