Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Winter Blues Swap Party

 Liz and Leanne, sisters to each other and good friends of mine from 
put together a super fun "Winter Blues Swap Party" for us fiber friends to participate in.
I signed up, of course...we were told there was only one requirement,
your package must include a book and one skein of yarn.
If we wanted to sent a few extra goodies, 
that was up to us!
We were each provided with some questions about our likes and dislikes, favorite color,
favorite types of books, what we prefer to drink and snack on.
Liz and Leanne drew who each buddy would be and we were to mail the package to our buddy by February 5th.
Each person participating sends a package and receives a package...
who you sent your package to, would not be the same person you recieve one from.

I had so much fun with this,
Here are a few pictures of what I put together and sent to my buddy...


There is a book under the nuts, she answered salty for a snack.
Purple yarn, her favorite color, hot chocolate her favorite drink...
the heart is a bookmarker and I included a handwritten recipe card for a favorite recipe
and a postcard that I had colored with colored pencils.


I have received the box from my buddy and it was amazing...

It came from Robin in Virginia and it was packed full of so many wonderful things,
clearly all of my favorites and quite a few surprises.
The recipe book was a real favorite (the books did not have to be new) 
it was copyrighted in 1958, the year I was born.
It contained so many favorites for a knitting girl like myself and the yarn she sent was purple, 
my favorite color.
I listed hot chocolate and hot tea as my favorite drinks and I got plenty of that.
Yummy smelling soap, stitch markers & stoppers, pins & a dish to keep all those little knitting things in.
My new friend Robin went above and beyond to make receiving my buddy package a real joy!

12 comments:

Marie Smith said...

What a fun exchange! A joyful winter project!

Leanne Coppola said...

Robin spoiled you!!!!! I love it all. That purple yarn is the same brand as the white speckles I used in my new sweater. It's so Nice to work with. You'll love it. And that cookbook is amazing!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the swap. I had fun sending mine. Kathy is going to love everything you sent her!

Rian said...

Cute idea. It's why I send my daughter and granddaughter 'care packages' - just for the fun of it.

Romance Reader said...

Amazing idea to do this!

Susie said...

Debbie, This just sounds like so much fun and joy. Glad you got things you like. Your giving box was also very nice. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

That is so neat! Both boxes are wonderful.

acorn hollow said...

What a wonderful thing to do! Wow you got quite a package and you sent quite a package I will be looking for those cashews lol.they sound so good
Cathy

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a fun thing to do.
Your swaps look and sound so good.

All the best Jan

BeachGypsy said...

Both are amazing! I loved seeing all the goodies and treasures. My favorite is the book, from your birth year!!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

That is very cool! I would try that with some of my hunting friends, but I don't think most of them can read!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The gift swap is a fun idea. I like both boxes of goodies.
The old recipe book sounds great.
Take care, have a great day!

Conniecrafter said...

How fun we do those exchanges in my cardmaking group but it is making cards for one another.
You gave and received such great packages :)