Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Favorite Things...

The holiday buzz has receded, 
my decorations have been packed away until next year and things are back to normal.
It's cold and gray outside,
which led me to think about my favorite things from this year...
It's funny how I don't recall all of them on my own but when I go through my pictures I remember.

This was my favorite new meal...

Creamy Tuscan Sausage Pasta 
with fresh Basil from my garden.

We had a lot of beautiful sunsets but this one was my favorite.

Joining a Book Club was one of the favorite things I did...

Vera Wong's Unsolicited Advice for Murderers
was my favorite book and one of the only ones I finished.

I made these bookmarks for friends, they were easy and fun to make.



These were a few of my favorite knits...
I put fluffy white pom-poms on the purple hats for my favorite great nieces Addie and Lorelei.
No pom-pom for the gray one for son Mike. 


Banana Bread ~ one of my favorite baked treats.


Favorite Flowers



Favorite Sushi 


Favorite Live Show

Favorite Activity

I really enjoy fireworks and I miss seeing them during the winter.

I have a favorite movie, I will share it during the second part of my favorite things!

9 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Oh, that yummy pasta dish! And, the dish it is in. I'd steal that in a minute. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your favorite things.

Kay said...

This was such a fun post, Debbie. Thank you for the book recommendation. I put it on hold at our library for my Kindle.

Kay said...

Hibiscus? Wow! You need to come to Hawaii.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

You have some mad knitting skills! The pasta, sushi, sunset and banana bread look great. Funny, 3 of the four things I liked were food!

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely look back at some of your favourite things and photographs.

All the best Jan

Marie Smith said...

Such great favourites here, Debbie. I look forward to the rest. Happy New Year!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
A lovely collection of your favorite things.
The pasta and banana bread look yummy.
The hibiscus blooms are beautiful.
I will add that book to my reading list, I love the mysteries.
Your bookmarks and the hats are really cute.
Take care, have a wonderful day!

R's Rue said...

Great things. Love the pasta.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Conniecrafter said...

I will have to say my favorite was the heart bookmarks, they are way too cute. I tend to forget some things too, I am trying to keep a journal but don't always have time, or make the time to write everything.