Monday, January 8, 2024

My Favorite Gift

When I found out my niece was visiting from New Zealand over Christmas, 
I decided to knit her a hat.

A hat is small...compact and it will be easy for her to pack and bring back to New Zealand with her.
Emily is the sweetest, kindest girl... 
I knew she would love and appreciate a new hat.
She is married, so once I finished hers, husband Juans went on the needles next.

She brought me two gifts that I absolutely love.


Purple rocks from New Zealand...

that I can stack like this.

I will keep them here on this table, alongside my sea glass!


She found them here at this picturesque body of water.
I am so happy she took these images for me so I can see where they came from.


She also gifted me this "Felt Decoration Kit" anyone who knows me knows I love kits like this.
Everything is included in the kit, 
once I finish Juan's hat I will make this and find a special place to hang it.

I did not realize how much I missed her until I saw her.
She has grown in every way possible,
 New Zealand has made her even more thoughtful and beautiful.
I love you Em.

13 comments:

Alicia said...

What a sweetheart! The gift of the rocks was so well thought out with the photos of where she found them, a true treasure!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

How cool are those rock?!? Especially with the photo of where she got them.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Your gifts are special. I love the scene in the photo, the place where the rocks were found. Take care, have a great week!

Linda said...

What unique and thoughtful gifts! The rocks are amazing....

BeachGypsy said...

Pretty ROCKS!!--- and pictures where they came from--- PERFECT present! I love it!

Marie Smith said...

Love the hats. You have part of NZ in your home! Pretty special.

Leanne Coppola said...

Purple rocks!!!!!! Perfect for you!

Susie said...

I love the gifts you exchanged to each other. Special in every way. Love was involved. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh what phenomenal gifts. So much better than store bought knick knacks without sentiment.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie :=)
Both your gifts are thoughtful, useful, and decorative. I like the photo of where the stones were found and how you have displayed them. Your knitted hats are lovely.

Kay said...

It is so special that she thought of you as she explored the outdoors. Those are truly beautiful rocks shaped gently by the waters of New Zealand. We've been there and was absolutely enchanted by the area.

Conniecrafter said...

Such a special gift to you, something no one else could gift you for sure, looks great with your sea glass!
That kit looks neat and fun to make :)
Glad she was able to make it home!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a special gift and so nice to see the photographs of where she found them.

All the best Jan