Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Bright Moments

 If you live where the winters are cold and snowy, 
do you have to look for bright moments or do you create them?
Do they come to you naturally, 
or are days filled with too many things on your to-do-list that you could not 
possibly finish them all in a day?
Is it only the "fun" things you do that you consider to be bright, 
or is it keeping busy and having a to-do list that you feel are bright?

I consider all moments to be bright moments as long as I am busy and happy 
and I almost always seem to be both.
I do get the blahs every once in a while between January and March 
but I also find there are many things I can do to elevate my mood.

Knitting is a Bright Moment for me.
I started to knit this blanket one year ago, I have one skein of yarn to go.
I have knit a lot of things this year, in between knitting this,
and I really want to finish it.

I like to color, above are some of the adult coloring postcards I have colored in the past.


My friend Liz gave me a new coloring book for Christmas and I have started coloring in that.
I really enjoy coloring.


I enjoy posting to my blog, I feel bright moments when I share my words and pictures.


I don't really love to read, but I joined a book club and I am working on that.
I would like reading to bring me bright moments.
These two books are my favorites.
They aren't really "books" but they certainly bring me bright moments.


During the cold months, I like to cook and bake, 
I enjoy cleaning, organizing cabinets, closets and drawers.
Yesterday, I cleaned out my clothes closet, I am so happy to have that done.

I started a new hobby, decorating shells, I will share the details to that tomorrow.
I also joined a "Winter Blues Swap Party" I will also share the details on that in an upcoming post.
I have several "little things" I am going to do this winter and I am excited about these little happy-makers.

11 comments:

acorn hollow said...

This is such a wonderful post. Yes I try to be thankful each day and find something that at the very least gives me peace. Your blanket is lovely and the coloring is soothing and relaxing.
happy New year
Cathy

Linda said...

You always do such interesting activities! I think winter is a great time to nest. I love nesting year round but winter especially.

Susie said...

Debbie, You like cleaning and organizing...well get on over here young lady. LOL I keep saying and am going to buy a cat and spray him with Endust, chase him thru the house, so he can dust. I don't really think that would work or my girls would have pulled that one when they were kids. LOL I love your knitted things. Can't wait till butterfly time. :):) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

It is good to read a person being happy with lots of creative things to do.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

We look forward to busy days with lots of "to dos" and the satisfaction of getting some of them done at the end of the day. Whether we have a busy day, or a slow day, they tend to be bright.

Latane Barton said...

Debbie, I had not seen those coloring postcards. How nicely they turned out. Anyone should be happy to receive one of those.
I loved the glimpse into who you are... Can't wait to see your shells. I used to make shell earrings. Oh, the hobbies I have had and no longer care to do. The world turns and so do I.

Kay said...

This is such a happy post of bright moments. Thank you. Weird thing is it's making me want to just get up and run the Swiffer across the floor. It makes me happy to have the area clean and dust free.

Marie Smith said...

I manage to stay busy and never feel bored. Outdoors is my special part of the day, always bright regardless of the weather.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I feel the same way between January and March! You seem to find some fun and creative ways to keep you happy. I love to read and cooking new recipes is fun too. On warmer days I like to get outdoor for a walk. Your knitting looks beautiful. Take care, have a great day!

Conniecrafter said...

Yes I feel you can find happy moments all around you, it is harder if you are sick or in pain, but there is always something to be thankful for and if you are thankful it has to be a bright moment :)
Love your coloring postcards, sounds like you are getting close to get that blanket done :)
I use to read a lot but haven't done so in years, I guess I spend that time crafting or playing games on my kindle :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Thank you for sharing your bright moment ideas, these are even more important in the greyer and colder winter months.

All the best Jan