Saturday, January 6, 2024

Saturday Critters #525

 Yesterday I spent some time at the office window trying to photograph the birds.
I was suppose to be working but I have already admitted I was not.
There were a lot of birds, but none were sitting in spots were they were easy to photograph.
I am using my new camera and it is much heavier than my old one...
causing me some difficulty.

I also think this camera, Nikon Coolpix P950, 
is more sensitive to the birds movement as so many of my pictures were blurry.

Here's the best of what I got, I did not get many!

 
Mockingbird


Female House Finch



Male House Finch

Yellow Throated Sparrow

Chickadee

I need a lot more work with the camera, I took so many pictures that were very blurry.
I think the weight of the camera is going to take a lot more getting use to!

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

14 comments:

Alicia said...

The ones you were able to capture are just so pretty! My fav is the Male House Finch, what a beauty!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You sure have a nice variety coming to your home. And what a nice camera.

acorn hollow said...

The Bird pictures are wonderful!
cathy

RedPat said...

The birds are happy around your house.
That camera does look quite heavy - it may take some practice to get accustomed to it.

Marie Smith said...

I bought that same camera a few months ago. It is heavy and there are days I use the old one but I love that new one. It takes some getting used to! Enjoy!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
Your new camera looks nice, I am sure it takes getting use to.
Great captures of the Mockingbird, House finches, my favorite the White-throated Sparrow and the cute Chickadee. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and happy new week. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

I think you did a great job, so cool to see the different variety of birds in your area.

Marie Smith said...

I misspoke. My new camera is a different model. That’s how much I know about it. Hope you enjoy your new one too, Debbie.

Lowcarb team member said...

I enjoyed the photographs you've shared here.
I'm sure with use and practice you will get used to your new camera.

All the best Jan

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie :=)
Super camera, and super photos. Even the best cameras don't always get birds in focus, but these are all perfectly focused, and such pretty birds. In time you will get them all in focus a bit of practice now and again, that's all you need, or weight lifting exercises, Ha Ha just kidding.:=)

Kay said...

You take the most incredible photos, Debbie!!! Wow!

Conniecrafter said...

Greg was having the problem with his new camera that it was focusing on the background instead of what he was taking pictures of, I guess he had a setting wrong on it.
I know I couldn't go any heavier than the camera I have right now. But you did manage some awesome pics, I love the variety you have in your yard.

Bonnie K said...

Yikes! Those are great photos!

Shiju Sugunan said...

Your pics show promise, new camera just needs taming.