Thursday, May 30, 2024

The First Picnic Of The Season

Tuesday was a beautiful day so we decided to go for a picnic, the first of the season.
The sky was so blue, 
the air temperatures were perfect and we decided to go to the inlet where they have nice picnic tables.
I was so excited...
We enjoyed BLT sandwiches from The Beanery, ice cold, super sweet ice tea and the best view in town...
the company wasn't bad either.



The Northern K sailed by.
 And because I have never seen this boat before,
I googled it and found some cool information about the fishing vessel here.
Recorded in this information, as it follows the fishing boat, is that it departed Point Pleasant at 16:51,
just as we were having lunch.


Nearby...

and years ago we placed a lock here, there were only a few when we first joined the group.

I had the lock made, it was purple when I hooked it on the fence.


Chuck and Debbie our wedding date is on the back of the lock.


Here we are enjoying our sandwiches.
I have no idea why the hubs face is so red, he wasn't hot and it did not appear red in person.
And where in the world do my eyes go when I smile.
Well, no matter, we were having fun and it was a great picnic.


A picnic was on The Summer Bucket List
- it is checked off now -

11 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

I don't know the last time we had a true picnic, if ever. I think I could watch those boats come and go all day, although I'd have to go watch them off load whatever they caught!

Leanne Coppola said...

I love the Beanery! Yum. What a nice picnic :)

Marie Smith said...

Perfect! Gorgeous setting and great company!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

So perfect! I love watching boats. I didn't know you could look them up. Thanks for that info.

-Soma

acorn hollow said...

Well how romantic. That looks like the big trawlers that go out fishing or as they call it in Maine dragger.
Looks like great weather for a picnic
Cathy

Jean said...

Your picnic looks lovely! The sights can't get much better! Love, love, love the water! Hugs!!
Jean from Bucks County

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Nice photos of you and your hubby. A picnic with a view sounds wonderful.

Take care, have a great weekend.

The Furry Gnome said...

I remember seeing the padlock-covered bridge in Paris. Amazing.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie :=)
How lovely to enjoy a picnic in such pleasant surroundings. I'm still on my break but my Grandson has gone out for the day with an old friend,so I though I'd catch up with my block friends. Yes I did enjoy seeing you looking after the butterflies until they emerged and you set them free, such a wonderful experience for you and for us.
All the best
Sonjia.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

How fun that you and Chuck placed a lock on the fence,. I never heard of that custom before but apparently it must be universal.

Conniecrafter said...

My girlfriend in Michigan loves to watch the boats come through the locks and she can now watch them come through on you tube, she knows them all, your post reminded me of that :). I had to laugh, my eyes disappear when I laugh too.