Saturday, May 18, 2024

Saturday Critters #544

Tuesday, I went with my sister in law to make sure my great nieces got off the bus safely.
I can go whenever I want, my sister in law meets the bus every other day...
I was missing them and wanted to see them for a bit.
They live in the cutest neighborhood, not far from me, close to the bay.
Everyone in their neighborhood is very friendly...everyone waves to you, even if they do not know you,
 and they have a lot of neighborhood special events, parades and parties.


I noticed a few of these signs,
  Debbie stopped so I could take pictures.


The girls left to play with their friends so we headed home,
 The bay looked so pretty...

There is always one Egret that hangs out here, I have never gone by and not seen it.


Here the Egret is in breeding plumage...
you can see the long back plumes trailing just beyond its tail.
The Lores, by its bill, are a greenish blue.


He knew I was taking pictures and quickly walked into the tall grasses.

I did not get a picture of the girls as I had planned to do,
they are getting so big and so grown up looking.

This is a recent picture of the girls,
when my niece took them to work with her,
on take your child to work day.

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

17 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Sounds like a fun area. It is nice you can visit when you want.
Cathy

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Looks like a fun neighborhood!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

They are adorable and I'm sure they are happy when you show up with their Mom. That really is a beautiful area and I love that Spring plumage on the Egret! Wow!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
The girls are cute, they are growing up fast.
I love your egrets images, they are beautiful.
Their neighborhood sounds fun!
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful nieces ~ we have signs like that around here too ~ gorgeous photos of the egret ~ thanks,


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in yours days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)



Penelope Notes said...

The girls are adorable and where you live is a nature lover's dream.

RedPat said...

It's nice that they live close by you. Love your shots of the Egret.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photographs of the Egret.
Nice to see the photograph of the girls, they are growing up :)

Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

Sandi said...

That is such a good idea with the signs!

Marie Smith said...

The girls are growing up so fast. Adorable.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Cool post, love the neighborhood. I love your egret. We had a great blue heron stand guard at a pond that I could see from a nearby freeway. It was always there, for years and then disappeared.

Your niece's girls are cute.

Jeanie said...

What gorgeous photos. They should be in National Geographic, those egrets. I love them and only see them a couple of times a year. The girls are lovely. And I'm a very big fan of signs like that. They're delightful!

Shiju Sugunan said...

Sounds like a lovely visit with your nieces! The egret pictures are beautiful.

Conniecrafter said...

They sure do grow up quick, how fun are those signs. You got some great shots of him!

Yvonne said...

The girls look so sweet, and the signs in their neighborhood are quite humorous. Beautiful photos of the Egret you usually see on your way home.