Saturday, May 11, 2024

Saturday Critters #543

 We are back at The Edwin B. Forsythe drive through national wildlife refuge and since visiting on
March 30, I have not even shared half of the images I captured.

You may remember, this was the view as we drove...

The Great Egrets had just returned to the Jersey Shore area and we saw many during this drive.


This one was beautiful, pure white...
well aware that we had stopped the car and that I was present taking pictures.


This picture was taken during breeding season...you can see the long back plumes that trail beyond its tail.
Lores also turn from yellow to bluish green, seen here, during mating season.



I saw at least a dozen Herons that were out in the open and easy to photograph.






I also saw a large group of Oystercatchers...



It was a thrilling drive for any nature enthusiast.

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

10 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Spectacular captures! The oystercatcher is smaller but no less beautiful!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
Awesome photos from the wildlife drive. I love the Heron and the Egrets, they are both beautiful birds. The Oystercatchers are another one of my many favorite birds, I like their cute carrot beaks. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

RedPat said...

I always enjoy seeing your photos so much and these ones are fabulous.

Lydia C. Lee said...

Great pics!! Lovely #SaturdayCritters

Shiju Sugunan said...

Gorgeous Great Egret pics! Sounds like a fantastic drive!

Mae Travels said...

Egret plumes are amazingly beautiful. We caught sight of an egret in breeding plumage the other day, but when I got out of the car to try to take a photo, I frightened it away. You managed to get lots of good photos — cool!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I absolutely love wildlife drives and this was a great one! Your pictures are so good -- I feel like I was along for the ride.

Linda said...

Excellent photos!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That's my kind of road! And how exciting to see so many different birds. I love the one in flight...that's hard to capture!

Anonymous said...

Great photographs.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/