Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Misty Morning...

 As I mentioned yesterday, Monday the air was filled with a thick, heavy fog.
We have been dreaming of donuts at the inlet, it was not the perfect day to do that, but we went anyway.


The views were rather charming...
views I have seen one hundred times but they have never looked like this.
We always wait for sunny, "perfect" days to go...I quite liked this view and I am so glad we went.



I was surprised at how many boats were coming and going, 
most I had seen before so I did not take pictures.
This boat "Geez Louise - Hudson" I had never seen before. 
It was flying a Canadian Flag.


The donuts from Top That Donuts were amazing.
We have gotten donuts from here so many times, I have done a dozen posts on the place,
but the link above is a good one.


As we were leaving the inlet we saw a construction crew demolishing this home.
It was a small, bungalow type house...I am sure it will be replaced with something beautiful.

We went to Lake of the Lilies after and the swans are back, I was so happy to see them,

9 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Those donuts sure look good!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
We have had a few foggy mornings. The water views are always beautiful.
The donuts look delicious, a yummy treat! Take care, have a great day!

Marie Smith said...

I love the first photo! It has an element of mystery!

DeniseinVA said...

I love a good walk on a misty morning! There’s a stillness in the air that is kind of magical. Great photos Debbie and sign me up for a doughnut 🍩😉

Rian said...

I love the mist (Merlin's dragon's breath). And those donuts do look scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

I do like your misty morning photographs :)
I hope the fisherman was able to catch something!

The donuts look good.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

I read your entire blog, but all I remember is donuts!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

I love misty mornings! Your photos are so atmospheric. I look forward to seeing your swan photos.

-Soma

Conniecrafter said...

Isn't it amazing how different things an look in the fog, eat you saw a new boat. The donuts look yummy, I haven't had one in like years.
So sad when they have to get rid of old homes. They just got rid of one in the next town over, so sad not to see it there anymore