Wednesday, May 29, 2024

May Whimisicality

 Where did May go?
Seriously, I blinked my eyes and it is just about over.
Here are a few fun things that happened that I have not shared here, fun to me anyway.
We live on a cul de sac, in the suburbs...when we get to the top of our street, 99.9% of the time we turn left.
The other day I told the hubs to turn right, I don't know why, it is the long way around.
Long story longer, we came across 5 or 6 deer in the middle of the road.
I couldn't believe it, I had no idea we had groups of deer in our neighborhood.

They all stopped for pictures then ran toward the river.
What a wonderful, unexpected, joy filled experience.

and may I just say that these people need to clean up their property and weed!


This is a tulip tree...I had never heard of one before and now I keep seeing them everywhere.



On our drives, I always stop to photograph flowers like these...

a bee is a bonus!

Knowing how much I love seeing deer, my friend Liz told me about a great spot where the deer hang out.
I saw at least 6 until some children came by on bikes and they jumped off in to the woods.
This one is huge and looks about ready to pop.
I'll have to stop back again soon, I'm sure I will get to see a couple of fawns.


This storm rolled in on Memorial Day, there was thunder and downpours.
I was happy to be home.



I released my 8th and 9th butterfly, there are 5 more chrysalis in the butterfly cage.
I have my dill planted and I am ready for the next season.

Sometimes they hold on tight and we spend time saying goodbye.

Best of all was knitting with fiber friends, talking, 
laughing...lot's of laughing,
lunch, cake and belated birthday celebrations.


- Happy Almost End Of May -

14 comments:

Rian said...

Debbie, it looks like you had a fun filled May. And I agree that I too blinked and May is almost gone...
Love your pics. Guess it's worth it to 'shake things up a little' and turn right instead of left. And happy to see those beautiful Black Swallowtails! And your get together outside with your friends looks wonderful.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful photos.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
The months of May did fly by. I love the deer and your photos are awesome. The flowers and butterflies are beautiful. Nice to see you and your fiber friends. Take care, enjoy your day!

Marie Smith said...

May has sped by for sure. Love the butterfly. I am seeing a variety on our walks but they all look battered! The deer are a wonderful find, especially nearby!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

I was just thinking (and writing) about you, then I opened my comments and there you were! I just posted a blog a few seconds ago with a couple of pictures especially for you!

That doe is ready to pop! I would not be shocked if she had twins in there. A tulip tree? What will they come up with next?

DeniseinVA said...

I find it amazing that we are almost into June, blink of an eye and here we are. Beautiful photos and a sweet illustration to end it with! How nice to be with your friends in the open air at a picnic table. I'm glad the weather held. The flowers are stunning and your butterfly pictures are magical! We had those skies today driving home and just as we rolled into the garage, the skies opened up. The deer are really special, and how fortunate you altered your direction out of the neighborhood. A great post

Bonnie K said...

Beautiful photos. You are right about that doe. She is heavy. The butterfly is just amazing. Thank you for sharing. The group photo at the end is my favorite. Everyone together having fun.

acorn hollow said...

That means the deer have not been in your gardens. If they had you would know they had been there.
The butterfly release is amazing.
It looks like a wonderful group of fiber friends.
and yes you are right May slipped by pretty darn fast.
Cathy

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Lovely photos! Looks like the deer was posing for you, The flowers are lovely and I too have never heard of a tulip tree. What a stunning photo of the butterfly too.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Time seems to fly by lately... Beautiful photos. Looks like the deer are helping with the weeding there! They look nice and healthy. I've never seen a tulip tree. So pretty. Amazing photos of the butterfly. So nice that you help them along, too. Looks like a fun day with your knitting friends. The cakes look yummy! Hope your weekend is relaxing. Hugs xo K

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

You had such a wonderful May. Lovely photos. I have not heard of tulip tree before, a beautiful tree and flowers.

-Soma

Conniecrafter said...

Whenever things like that happen to us that we weren't planning and unexpected, I feel it was God steering us in that direction, his little gift to us :) There are a couple spots at the lake where we like to go look for wildlife and it is always a bummer when someone is there making a racket and scare it all away. Great up close pic of the butterfly!
Glad you had a great time with the girls!

Discount Drift said...

This blog is an absolute gem! The depth of research and clarity in your writing is truly commendable. Keep up the excellent work!
https://www.discountdrift.com/

Coupons Studio said...

I am amazed by your blog. The insightful content and meticulous research make it a standout piece. Keep shining!
https://www.couponsstudio.com/