Friday, May 15, 2020

Baking Bread

A lot of my friends have been baking bread, 
and I have been drooling over all of the pictures they have been sharing.
I am not a bread maker,
but back in March, on a whim, I decided to make 
Focaccia Bread
That came out really well and is the reason I happen to have yeast in the house.
This recipe sounded so simple, 
flour, yeast, salt and water, what could be easier.
And it sounded fun, a no knead bread that is made over 2 days.




My dough was pretty wet but it looked like the picture that was shared with the recipe.
I refrained from adding more flour, even though I really wanted to.
No knead bread, simply put, 
"is a type of bread making that uses a long fermentation or rising time 
instead of the traditional kneading method 
to form strands of gluten that gives bread it's texture and chew. 
Generally, the dough requires little yeast and is wet or sticky".

Mine was both, wet and sticky, maybe I nailed it!

Covered with plastic wrap, the dough rests 12 - 18 hours.








I cooked it in my pre-heated dutch oven
which by the way, smelled delicious heating up, just like pot roast!


It looked great...


and tasted even better, the outside was super crunchy, is that the right word?
If you are interested in making this bread, the recipe can be found here.
I hear finding yeast is difficult, like I said, I just happen to have it.
I will definitely be making this again!

Another day in the books, this was a fattening day for sure, bread, butter and lots of it!

10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, Debbie! Your bread looks delicious. The recipe sounds easy. I may try this I just need to find the yeast. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Dicky Bird said...

oh my goodness that looks amazing. Yes, I'm going to try it! Thanks for sharing

Mersad said...

It turned out wonderful. My mom makes bread almost every day. I know that her secret is to make the dough a bit more wet so the bread turns out fluffy and moist.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Lowcarb team member said...

I am so pleased this turned out well … can't beat homemade bread!

All the best Jan

Marie Smith said...

It’s been hard to buy flour, yeast, baking powder etc. Many of the baking requirements are sold out here as everyone appears to be baking. Oh well. I am glad not to have the extra calories.

The bread looks delicious! I can almost smell it.

Sue (this n that) said...

Looks real nice Debbie. Will have to try it!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The bread looks rally good. Fresh from the oven and slathered with butter. Yummy!

Conniecrafter said...

I have seen a few making bread too, I buy the frozen bread for my hubby and bake that, smells and taste good and hardly any work on my part, just have to keep an eye on it and get it into the oven when it raises :)

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

WOW!
Homemade bread is delicious. I've been baking bread for several years:)

LeAnn said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe and the bread looks just like I like it. I would love bread, butter and jam right now. We have some yeast that I want to try. I'm not sure how old it is; so I will experiment, anyway.
Sending hugs for this one!