Friday, May 1, 2020

A Joyful Quarantine

Things here are going pretty well,
 we have had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend.


Cloudy days, a little rain,
 but the weekend is suppose to be gorgeous.
Saturday they are reopening our parks and I have a list of places I want to go.


My tomatoes are so big and they need to be planted outside, it is just a tad bit cold yet,
but soon, I will move them to their outside home.


I have plenty of dill started, 
to attract the Black Swallowtail Butterflies.


The hubs agreed to a game of Bananagrams, even though he dislikes it.
He proclaimed himself the winner...
but I need to check him more carefully as he is just trying to end the game more quickly and beat me,
which he rarely does.
Hype is not hipe, good try, it worked - but never again.

I have cleaned and organized the entire house, their is nothing left to organize.
I will probably do a separate post on that.


The Blue Angels and Thunderbirds did a fly over the Tri-State area, 
a thank you to first responders and healthcare workers.
A construction worker friend in the area sent me this picture, we did not get to see them.


I made this spaghetti on Tuesday, I used jared sauce, which I rarely do.
To jazz it up, I started with a diced sweet onion, 
and 2 links of sweet sausage removed from the casings and crumbled.
Once that was browned I added one quarter of a jar of sauce and some heavy cream to lighten it up.
We are not huge fans of heavy red sauce, and this was really good.
I had Texas Toast in the freezer and we had that with it.


I made this 
Farmhouse Fried Chicken with Mashed Potatoes, Green Onion Gravy and Corn
on Wednesday, a Home Chef Meal it was very good.


I have not been enjoying television...
but, we watched this movie this week on Netflix 
and I thought it was pretty good.
It would not be for everyone,
but Ryan Gosling and Bradly Cooper together...
how bad could that be!

It was "not" a knitting movie for me!

Happy May 1st, another week/month in the books!

16 comments:

Andy said...

Debbie your life looks so busy. Do you ever take a rest? (-.-)Zzz...

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie

Happy May to you! Your plant are looking good, I love the pretty yellow flowers. Cool capture of the Blue Angels flying over. The dinners look delicious. I am glad your parks are going to open, it will be good to get outdoors.
Take care and stay safe! Enjoy your weekend!

Marie Smith said...

I found April endless and I am not sorry to see the end of it. We are beginning May with our first excursion to a beach and a picnic though it is cold. We will dress for the weather. I can’t wait for that first cup of tea outdoors this year. The parks are not open here though.

Have a great day.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

There hasn't been anything on tv worth watching....that's for sure! We don't watch much tv so I'm glad we weren't depending on it for entertainment! lol The Blue Angels photo you took is amazing! WOW! How wonderful! And parks....I hope every day that FL will reopen things around here. Doesn't make sense for them to ALL be closed but I better not start a rant here! heehee! HUGS!!!

Brian King said...

We finally had our last frost so the garden got planted earlier this week. Lots of tomato and banana pepper plants. Hopefully, you can get yours out soon! More great looking meals!

R's Rue said...

Yummy food. Have a great day.

BeachGypsy said...

Wow! your dill and your tomatoes look GREAT!! We have our "maters" in the ground, and they are a little bigger than yours....but that is because we started from plants and not seeds. I dont think we've ever done seeds on tomatoes....but we do lots of other seeds. Love the pictures of the suppers--they all look delicious. I'm on my way......ha ha LOL! Your yard is absolutely lovely! I sure enjoy all the pictures of it. Can you walk down to the lake, is there a path?

Debbie said...

yes...we can walk down to the river our entire property has grass and is waterfront. the problem is, it's a 40 foot drop, i can get down there but it is difficult to get back up. we have talked about getting a golf cart, we should do that. there is a lot of wildlife in the river that i am missing out on seeing and photographing!!

The Furry Gnome said...

Joyfulquaratine here too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Too bad you didn’t get to see the Blue Angels, or Thunderbirds. You are so organized , now if only I could get inspired to do the same.

LeAnn said...

can hardly believe that it is May all ready. This has been so strange for us all. I seem to just float through the days. I knoe the day of the week, but lose out on what the date is. Hope I am not getting dementia. I loved your post. I think your home landscaping is like a park, you almost don't have to leave to see other things; it is lovely.
You are much further along on your garden items that I am. I do hope we have some success this year. My husband is planning on planting some corn rows too. He used to take care of his parents garden growing up and it was a big one. He likes working out in the yard and hasn't been able to do to other assignments. However, right now he doesn't have any so he is enjoying getting out and working in the dirt.
Your meals always look so yummy. My husband also likes to cook so he does a lot of it. However, I am going to plan some nights where just I cook; he needs a break.
We went out to see the Blue Angels flying here and someway missed it. I do think it was such a neat thing to do.
I love that you are all organized. I have a lot to do and hope to get my granddaughter to help me. I do want to make this time in Quarantine one of accomplishing some good things.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs!

Ella said...

The dill and tomatoes look nice!
Thanks for the recommendation! I have not seen this movie!

Rian said...

Your property is wonderful. And yes, you are missing out if you can't get down to the waterfront. Get a go-cart or something similar. I'll bet you would enjoy spending more time and taking pics by the water... and we would enjoy seeing them!

Conniecrafter said...

Your yard is just beautiful, wow your plants are coming along great, bet you can't wait to get them planted outdoors. My beans are coming up but I have a feeling my spinach and lettuce is not going to work:( We were supposed to have an air show this May but it was cancelled, was wondering if they were going to do a fly over of St. Louis or not, if they come out to the base we will hear them :) I always cheat and have jarred spaghetti sauce, your chicken meal looks great too! I don't think I have heard of that movie, will have to check it out, have a great weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy May Wishes …

All the best Jan

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Ummm..tomato plants! I just realized that we are home early enough to plant one if we got a starter at the nursery..we usually aren’t ever here soon enough.