Friday, May 22, 2020

A Ride To Allaire

Yesterday, we rode the trails leading in to and out of Allaire State Park,
they don't allow bikes in the park.
The weather was perfect, sunny, 65 degrees.

There's a new sign...




The honeysuckle is blooming,


This part of the path goes over the Garden State Parkway

The hubs also got a new bike, 
I think he regrets not getting an electric bike so he could keep up with me.

We had work errands to run after and it got late so we stopped for takeout on the way home.
That makes me a little nervous but it felt great not to cook.
It also reminded me why I don't love take out food, 
it just never tastes the same as it does in the restaurant.
The Caprese Salad with Burrata Cheese was delicious.

Another day in the books, what a great day!

13 comments:

Sally said...

Wow, such a beautiful place to visit!

Glad y'all had a good day!

xoxo

Terra said...

What a nice visit and the new sign is attractive. You are getting exercise, well done.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, sounds like you had a great day for the bike ride. Hubby and I have been trying various local carry-outs, at least once a week. Enjoy your day, happy weekend to you!

Ruth Hiebert said...

sOme lovely sights along the ride.

BeachGypsy said...

This is a neat place, glad you showed us! I told Mr. Front Porch about your new bike and how cool it is today. It just sounds like a really neat bike to have. Happy weekend!! It's my b/day weekend, so hope to have some fun!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

That was a greeat place to ride to. I love the trees. Stay safe and have a wonderful weekend.

Ella said...

A very nice place to visit!
We bought new bikes last summer. Both electric bicycles. I am so happy with my bicycle.
Thank you for photographing the honeysuckle ... I've been trying to figure out the flower's name for years!
Happy memorials day!

Brian King said...

Beautiful photos! I bet it was nice to get out!

Marie Smith said...

That new green of spring n that fourth photo is gorgeous! We aren’t at that stage yet.

I am tired of eating groceries now too. Saw a meme to that effect recently. I too am nervous of takeout though.

Love that bike Debbie.

LeAnn said...

I do like both your bikes. I myself would love an electric one. Your bike ride looked fun and the photos are lovely. I liked the village houses and the pathway too. We did take out a while back and I was a bit concerned; but the food was delicious and we didn't have to cook.
Blessings and hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I so agree with you 65 and sunny is perfect weather. Glad you had another good ride!
We broke down and got take out for the second time on Friday, we brought it home and ate out on the deck, the sun was actually out, so enjoyed every minute of it!

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks and sounds a good day …

All the best Jan

Susanne said...

That looks like a nice spot to visit. And, oh I do love the smell of honeysuckle. But I had never heard of electric bikes, so I will be checking that out.