Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Yarn Along

I only knit or crochet at night,
I usually keep busy with work, other projects, or just playing during the day.
I am still working on my...

Farm Girl Cowl
My friend Liz, who wrote the pattern, crochets one of these in a day.


My lilac bush is gorgeous this year, it is bursting with blooms,
so I brought 2 vases full in to the house!
I always bring my flowers in the house, so I can really enjoy them.

I had a supper fun zoom with knitting and crocheting friends, 
it went on for hours.

This is Leanne, my good friend and knitting teacher!

Her sister Liz who taught me to crochet, I love this girl!

And this is Just Joan, one of the kindest, most supportive people I know.
She is my momma bear when we go away.

This is Don the owner of Arrow Acres Farm, 
he brought one of the Alpaca over to join us for a few minutes.
He is such a kind man.

The hubs grilled dinner while I was zooming,
 I disconnected for a few minutes to eat, and then hoped back on afterward.
Dinner was awesome, he is the best at grilling a steak dinner.
We always share one steak, they are so big, this one came from Home Chef.

Stay positive, happy and healthy...this was another great day in the books!

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the farm girl cowl is pretty. It is great you are staying connected with your knitting friends. Love the lilacs and the cute alpaca. Have a happy day!

Sandi said...

Purple, lilacs, and an alpaca! You win the Internet today. 😊

Marie Smith said...

Those lilacs are gorgeous. The cowl goes perfectly with it.

R's Rue said...

A great day

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That sure is a lot of fun! I know a lot of people are doing that. Love the colors of your cowl and your bush! Lavenders.....purples! We always share a steak too! That looks amazing! Stay safe and healthy my friend!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful Lilacs and that plate full of food looks fantastic.

Kim Sharman said...

Lilac have the sweetest of perfumes. Your home must smell divine. I must say your vase of lilacs accessorises your gorgeous cowl perfectly. How fun to enjoy a virtual woolly session with your knitting friends. Ahh....the wonders of modern technology.

The Furry Gnome said...

I think I have to learn to use zoom!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness the colors in your cowl go perfectly with your Lilacs doesn't it, both are gorgeous. wow in one day getting one of those done, I usually never stick with something that long, usually 3 hours is my limit on any one thing a day.
Looks like you have a good size group, how fun to do it all together. I should suggest that in our groups. So nice of hubby to cook so you could enjoy the time with the girls!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the colours in your cowl.
The lilac is beautiful.
It must be great to zoom/chat with your lovely group of friends.
The steak looks delicious.

All in all a very enjoyable day (and post)

All the best Jan

LeAnn said...

I love your great days! Your shawl is beautiful. I love lilac bushes and have one that is now blooming. It's struggling a bit so we need to work on that one.
I love that you had a fun day on Zoom with your friends. We all need good friends right now to talk with. You do have a lovely group.
The steak dinner looks yummy, of course!
Blessings and hugs!