Friday, May 8, 2020

How Does Your Garden Grow

I, we...the hubs finally got my vegetable garden planted outdoors,
now I have heard they are predicting freezing temperatures and snow for the weekend.
* what *

I am so happy with the way my seeds grew into beautiful plants indoors this year.
My tomatoes had nice strong trunks and the leaves are healthy and plentiful!
The hubs prefers to buy plants at the garden center,
not me, I think it is so much more rewarding to start with seeds.

~ here it is ~

The yellow pot, in the center of the picture above
is the bird bath I made last summer.

The top tier is a birth path, we plant flowers in the lower pot.


Our deck is in much need of replacement,
or at the very least a power wash.
We planned on doing that in March, but now it is May,
and I think it will have to wait until next spring.


This is a combination of 3 Beefsteak Tomato plants and some pansies from the fall.
The pansies always come back in the spring.
I'm not sure what the light green plant between the pansies is.
This mixed pot came from the garden center last fall and had mums in it.

The Azaleas in the backyard are this color,
they have been gorgeous this year.

I have 3 of this dwarf shrub growing up by my front door.



The skies have been amazing this spring...

do you see the pretty heart this cloud formed in the sky?

Everyone has been making bread so I am excited to give it a go tomorrow.
I'll keep you posted on how I make out!

Another day in the books, can you believe it is May 8th already?

16 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your veggie plants and the yellow pot with the bird look beautiful. I love the azaleas. Pretty sky, I do see the heart cloud. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

Sandi said...

I am sitting "here" on your deck looking at the view. Beautiful!

Brian King said...

Your vegetable plants and flowers are looking good! Our raised garden beds are in the backyard and will have to be covered for the next couple of nights. We're supposed to hit the low to mid 20's tonight. Crazy!

Changes in the wind said...

Everything looks wonderful and I hope it doesn't freeze!

Karen said...

Looks like you are going to have a great garden this year Debbie. Our garden centers are still closed due to Covid. I might be able to order for curbside pick-up, but it is snowing here today, so no rush! Lovely sky shots.

Marie Smith said...

Your plants look healthy and strong Debbie. You’ll have a good crop it’s likely!

Lowcarb team member said...

Just love the colour of the Azaleas, and that heart in the sky is good isn't it.

Sorry to read you may be in for snow! Brrr.

Enjoy your weekend and happy bread making.

All the best Jan

R's Rue said...

❤️

Ruth Hiebert said...

I see fresh tomato sandwiches in your future. YUM!

Ruth S said...

Take those tomatoes in for at least tonight.

LeAnn said...

No, I can't believe that is May 8th. I am good with the day of the week, but sometimes mess up the date; scary! I love your patio garden and admire that you start it from scratch. This year we are trying to do one. My husband sent of seeds that haven't arrived and may not. May may have to go the starting plant way.
Loved your beautiful photos and the heart in the sky.
Blessings and hugs for you!

Debbie said...

hi ruth, everything is in the garage, we have heat in there if we need it!! take care and stay safe!!

Debbie said...

my favorites!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my you did get them out a little too soon, I did see you all have a chance of snow this weekend. Tonight we have a chance of frost, so all my plants are covered with sheets, hope they make it. Hope all your beautiful plants make it!!
Love those sky pictures you got, like the heart one :)
Have a great weekend!

Ella said...

Someone in your family has "green thumbs"!
Very nice deck have you there ...

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Dear Debbie!
I am very happy that you remembered me. Thank you for your comment.
Indicate that I have not visited you. Some time ago I lost all the addresses of my favorite blogs and that's why I haven't been to your place.
Your garden is very beautiful and the plants look great.
Hugs and greetings.
Lucja