Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Yarn Along

I finished the Donnie's Hat I have been working on, 
AND I found someone to gift it to.
If you don't know the "hat story", this will mean nothing to you.
If you know the hat story, you get it,
you know that every single person I know or am related to, has a hat, made by "moi".
But...
one of my favorite nieces is engaged to a handsome police officer,
he came along after the hat surge,
and can you believe it, he doesn't have a hat...so this one is for you Gabe.

I adore these tags that the farm includes with their yarn,
this yarn was made from fiber from Spacie, Swag and Vaunesse.

Soft, warm and so cuddly, I'm sure he will love it!

I signed up for a class at the Coop, this coming Friday, to learn how to crochet.
In my younger life, 
I crocheted a lot, I even made blankets, so I am hoping I will pick it up quickly.

This I did, because as you know, I need another hobby!

14 comments:

MarmePurl said...

One can never have too many hobbies.

Marie Smith said...

It is a beautiful hat, Debbie. You never stop, do you?

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I swear that I am related to you, or your long lost best friend, or something..................

Changes in the wind said...

Lucky Gabe...

Farm Girl said...

Great hat! I am glad you found someone to make a hat for. I just love how many things you know how to do. Its a nice time of year for learning new things.
Have a nice day Debbie.

Conniecrafter said...

He will certainly love it, you know you have to make for everyone once you start ;) Those tags are great to go with it too, that is neat they give them. I took to crocheting much easier than knitting myself, and of course you need another hobby, LOL! enjoy the class!

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Who wouldn't love it! Such a great gift and he's a very lucky man. Have a wonderful week :)

Leanne Coppola said...

Yay!!! Another hat recipient! LOL!!! I'm going to leave your trifle cake mold in the coop for you. If I forget to do that (which is totally possible) just have Lizzie run in and get it. It's on top of my microwave. I'm headed to Florida on Friday for a girls trip with my niece, sister in law, mother in law and Rick's aunt!!!! Can't wait!

Stephanie said...

You are such a sweetie, my friend. I am sure Gabe loves his hat made especially by you :)

I hope your New Year is off to a lovely start...I have missed visiting you. Hugs!

Kim said...

Wish oh wish I could sign up with you and learn to crochet...that would be the best fun! Your, or should I say Gabe's Donny hat is lovely. The wool looks lovely and soft and the colour is beautiful. I would say this is perfect to keep a policeman's head warm. Oh I forgot.....love those fabulous tags!

Lowcarb team member said...

It is a beautiful hat, enjoy your class this Friday.

All the best Jan

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Great looking hat.

Laura. M said...

A very warm hat for the cold that is doing.
Besos.

Karen Lakis said...

Gabe is a lucky guy! If you crocheted as a kid, it will come back to you - like riding a bike! My grandma taught me to crochet when I was young and - yep, like riding a bike :-)