Saturday, January 26, 2019

Saturday Critters ~ 267 ~

The hubs and I were sitting in our home office, I was doing paperwork, he was on the phone.
I glanced over at him and noticed he was looking out the window,
his eyes had grown wide as plates.
I turned and looked out the window, but I did not see anything...
I waited until he got off the phone to hear the story of what I had missed,
he couldn't wait to tell me...

It was the hawk, "a big hawk" he said "and it was carrying an animal".
He said "it's wing span was huge and it flew right toward the house and then flew into the trees".
We were able to see part of it, sitting in one of our trees,
eating whatever it was carrying, then it flew off towards the front yard.

So the hawk is still here and there is no mystery as to why I am not seeing many of my little birds.

When I do see them, they always seem to keep one eye to the sky...







I have not gotten any pictures of the hawk, but it's not for lack of trying!!

Sharing today with

17 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, that sounds like an awesome sighting of the hawk carrying away his food. I am glad your little birds are keeping an eye on the sky. Wonderful collection of birds and photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thanks also for the comment and visit to my blog.

Lea said...

Beautiful birds! Love the woodpecker!
I like to see hawks, but not in my yard, please.
Have a great weekend!

Brian King said...

Gorgeous photos and backgrounds! As much as I like raptors, the downside is they tend to kill off the rest of the business for photography purposes (no pun intended). At least until they move on. I hope you get photos of your hawk!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We see a lot of them here too but they seem to prefer bunny rabbits! Love your birds this week. It's nice to be inside where it's warm to see them. I'm looking out at our feeders this morning too. Happy weekend!

Sandi said...

Ugh...sometimes it is hard to watch life happen.

Judy said...

Hopefully it was only a mouse he had snatched.

Ruth Hiebert said...

A hawk will certainly drive away the smaller birds.

Anu said...

Hello. The woodpecker is wonderful. Great photos. I hope that you will see the hawk.

Kim said...

Aah...the cycle of nature. I think the Hawk has cottoned on that all the little birdies love to visit you. I wonder if the Hawk will let you take a photo of him??

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I think you will have to be glued to the window to be able to see the Hawk and get a n image of it. I know you will sure try Debbie

DeniseinVA said...

Oh my, natures way but your birds are so darling. Stunning photos of them Debbie. Let's hope they keep their heads down.

Ela said...

Oh, as always your photos are fantastic !!!!
Have a happy weekend !

Marie Smith said...

Hawks are tough to photograph for sure. Patience will be rewarded though.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I would love a longer lens, so I could sit in the trail and get shots like this.

Conniecrafter said...

I feel so sorry for those little ones not being able to get out as much because of the Hawk. I didn't recognize the black and white bird. We had a hug hawk come in the yard a couple days ago, I yelled for Greg and he was going to try and get a picture but before he could get his camera around it flew away.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Mixed feelings for sure when it comes to raptors.

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice to see photographs of your little birds, and yes, they do seem to be keeping an eye on the sky!

All the best Jan