Tuesday, September 25, 2018

The Mohonk Mountain House - Part 2

Riding up to the Mohonk House was so exciting. 
We have never been to this resort and we did not know what to expect. 
The road leading in was "steep", long and winding...my ears started to pop,
 and I got pretty excited. 
The view was magical, mystical...

We arrived early to check in but our room was ready,
that's always a great way to start a vacation.

- the next few pictures are of the room -

- it was so quaint and unique -

- it had a fireplace -

- it was tiny cozy and no t.v. -

The hotel featured a movie each night, current movies and we watched one 
"15:17 To Paris"
A 2018 movie, a true story, and I really enjoyed it.


We went horseback riding on day 1,

you know how "they" say when 
you fall off your horse you should get back on,
I agree with that...I did and I had an amazing ride.

My horse was Andes, the hubs rode Remy...
Remy and Andes are boyfriend and girlfriend...dating so to speak.

Our guides name was Sophi, she was so nice...
The other guides name was Sarah, she was behind us...
both girls were so kind and helpful,
both naturals on a horse.
And did you notice the purple boots? 
The stable required closed toed shoes, I'm like closed toed shoes, 
what are those, I don't have any...
but then I remembered my pretty, purple snow boots...and they became riding boots!

The view from the trail was breathtaking, I think?
I dropped my glasses during the fall so my vision was "off" "a little blurry"!
Sophia sent a text to the stable - the glasses were found - all's well that ends well!

Now don't tell anyone I fell off the horse,
let's just keep that between us!!

18 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, the road leading to your destination is amazing. Such a beautiful aura. Love those purple boots; why it matched your purple shirt. Of course Remy and Andes were boyfriend and girlfriend. I have fallen off many a horse in my youth. =) As always, your photos of you and your husband having such fun have put a smile in my day.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

My lips are sealed

Changes in the wind said...

That is a bit of a distance to fall and am sure you will be sore but glad you weren't really hurt. Love your outfit:)

Leanne Coppola said...

I can hear your voice telling this story!!!!!!!! Love the boots, love the horse rides, love it all.

21 Wits said...

You had me at magical and mystical, the decor and then boom, horse-back-riding too!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The first picture of the road through the trees is magical. Good for you to get on a horse.I don't think I would ever do that.Yep,I'm a chicken.

Danielle L Zecher said...

I like your purple boots. Glad your glasses were found, losing them definitely wouldn't make for a good vacation.

Marie Smith said...

That first photo is exceptional! Frame worthy. Was horseback riding on the summer To Do list?

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow, that first photograph is wonderful, and then to see you and the hubs horse-riding!!!
Simply amazing and very well done.
Love those purple boots and so pleased that your glasses were found ok.

Whatever will you getup to next?

All the best Jan

Sandi said...

You fell off your horse?? Are you ok? I mean, well, you are ok enough to blog. That's what's important!

LOVE the purple boots. :)

And those walls...what would you call the color? Burnt Sienna? I think this is the first time I have seen it outside of a 64-count box of Crayons.



Judy said...

I have ridden horses exactly 3 times in my life and I either fell off, or they bucked me off.
Horses and I do not understand each other. LOL
Beautiful resort for sure.

Louca por porcelana said...

Great pictures!!!Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that drive up did look quite magical, the room was quite unique, like going back in time. Wow they even had horse back riding, good for you to give it a try even with the falling off, I take it you were not hurt and that is a good thing.

LeAnn said...

I would love to stay in a unique place like this. I loved your room. I have wanted to have a get a way with no TV and this looks fun and coszy with a fireplace.
It does look like your first day of horseback riding was marvelous. I’m sorry you fell; I hope you didn’t hurt yourself. I do love the purple boots; so fun.
A hotel movie each day is perfect. I haven’t seen that movie so maybe I’ll look into it. I really love this fun adventure of the two of you and you both look great on the horses.
Loving thoughts and hugs!

baili said...

I absolutely LOVED LOVED the photos dear Debbie!

thank you for sharing your adventure
hope falling was not painful and you are completely fine my friend!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you both look great on your horses. Looks like a fun time and I like the purple boots. Your room is pretty! Have a happy day!

Karen Lakis said...

Hahaha! I know you're a flip flops kind of gal - but I am literally laughing at the idea of your purple snow boots being in the car - good thing! This looks like a fun trip, and I agree, get back up on that horse!

Brian King said...

I'm glad you weren't hurt and had a good time! The room is really nice! Reminds me of an old farmhouse.