Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Yarn Along


I have only worked on my 
Farm Girl Shawl 
this week and it is coming along very nicely, almost done in fact.
Crochet moves so much faster than knitting and I have really enjoyed the change.
I had a ton of trouble getting started, I didn't know why, as this is my third 

There were many text messages between Lizzie and I to no avail.
She offered to send me a video of her starting the shawl, when she did, 
I realized I was reading the pattern wrong.

I can't say enough good things about Lizzie
she is so kind, so sweet and so helpful, I feel so lucky to have met her.
She is also very funny...
if you have some free time and want to watch her antics, you can watch her and Leanne's vlog,
here and here.
 Lizzie does her accents in the second one,
if you only have a minute or so, go to 22:20 in the second one to listen to her funny accents.
Leanne on the left taught me to knit, Lizzie is on the right, she taught me to crochet.
They are an amazing duo.


Here I am wearing the first one that I made, 
I absolutely love it!
The Pattern can be purchased on Raverly for $ 4.00.

So, what are you guys working on, crafting, knitting, sewing?

10 comments:

Natalia said...

Wow, it's so pretty!

Marie Smith said...

I love the pink and the colour of the new one is even prettier is possible.

Changes in the wind said...

You are so right...crocheting goes a lot faster then knitting. I am knitting a baby blanket to give to the hospital where I volunteer. I only work on it while I am there so needless to say it is pretty much a life long project haha.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the pink one you wear in the lovely photograph, but your new one also has great colours in the yarn.

A much loved Aunt of mine used to do a lot of crochet, she always had a crochet needle and work on the go … happy memories of a special lady :)

Happy mid-week wishes.

All the best Jan

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you look cute wearing your shawl. I love both the pink and is the other color teal, very pretty. Enjoy your day!

Kim said...

Lovely photo of you wearing your Farm Girl Shawl, Debbie. Love the new one you are crocheting. Love the colour of the yarn.

Karen Lakis said...

I love it - such pretty colors and the style. You have quite a talent for knitting and crocheting and it’s great that you have someone happy to help!

Bonnie K said...

It is beautiful! Do you ever have problems with carpel tunnel? It looks like it is very detailed work.

Vicky Cahyagi said...

Nice product & good review

Conniecrafter said...

I am defiantly a visual learner, watching someone do something I learn a lot easier than reading it. It is so great you have them to ask when you run into problems. I am the same way if it has been awhile since I have done something I can easily forget how I did it in the past, so glad you got it figured out, it can be so frustrating. Crochet is much easier for me than knitting but I do love knitted patterns that you just can't do with crochet.