Monday, March 9, 2020

How Does Your Garden "Start"...

It all starts in the house...
Each year, early spring, I start the vegetable garden indoors.
I have tried many different methods, each have worked to some degree,
but last year, my garden did terribly.
We had some cucumbers, but honestly, I don't think we got one good tomato.
I did a little research, and thought this product might give the plants a better start.
I have never used this system before, but it was easy to set up, and like always, I am hopeful!

I found it on Amazon...


The directions were easy to follow, it came with everything you need, except seeds.
If you are interested, you can read them here.

There is one pod in each cell, they expand with warm water,
and they turn into a consistency like soil.


It has a self watering pad underneath, I forgot to take a picture...
and a nice lid on top to create a small greenhouse.

I planted tomatoes and cucumbers, I have two rows left that I am still deciding on,
maybe dill for the butterflies.

This chart came with it, so you can remember what you have planted.
The second chart has the cucumbers on it.

Of course you must have a purple spray bottle,
but more important with this system is the watering pad,
a system that waters from the bottom up.

Fingers crossed for an awesome growing season!

ps...this post is not sponsored!

10 comments:

The Padre said...

I Am Super Excited About This - Very Cool - And Will You Be Able To Save Your Seeds From This Years Harvest And Replant In These Trays?? Also Curious How The Root Ball Starts Out?? Will You Top Each Plant Differently Or Just Let Them Do Their Thing?? Ether Way, Have Fun With This Project And Looking Forward To Watching The Progress.

Cheers

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh wow.. that looks cool.. wishing you lots of yummy vegetables.

Marie Smith said...

I lack space for such a venture. I admire your determination and skill.

Kim Sharman said...

Fingers crossed this new method sees ripe, plump tomatoes growing in a while. Of course that purple water spray bottle will do the trick. =)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Good luck! Waiting to see the results as the summer progresses.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Seems like a great way to start the seeds! Hope this year that you get a bumper crop! I can't grow veggies - too many hungry wild things :(

Brian King said...

I bought the non self-watering version of this system at Tractor Supply and will be starting seeds today. If you like the self-watering version and it seems to work well, I may get that one next year. That's assuming we're successful enough to have a garden again next year. :-)

Conniecrafter said...

good luck with that, mine turned out spindly and I ended up throwing them out and just starting them outside when it got warm enough, I think my problem is we don't keep our house warm enough and the plants didn't have good light for long enough, but not really sure , could just be me, LOL!

Debbie said...

thank you kim, fingers crossed here too!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely post, and yes, a purple spray bottle is most important :)
Happy growing.

All the best Jan