Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Rebirth - A Loss To A Treasure

We were driving around in Manasquan when the hubs spotted this.
I didn't see it...he spun the car around so I could get a look,
he knew I would love it and he did as well.

It appears to be a tree, carved into a beautiful piece of art.

It had a theme, the ocean.

Beautiful dolphins at the top...

at the base, a mermaid, some fish, and a turtle.

A close-up of the mermaid.

Turtle - fish

and a purple jelly fish...

I am kicking myself for not ringing the doorbell and asking about the tree.
How it was lost, who's idea was it to carve it into this.
Is the homeowner the talented creator?
I had so many questions...
There wasn't a sign...
I think they should have a sign, telling the history of the tree and how it was created.

I was not able to see the other side without trespassing.

I might go back and ask all the questions that are swirling around in my head...
and then I will be able to see the other side!

16 comments:

Rian said...

I love that, Debbie. We have a lost tree out front... only the stump left, but it's about 3-4 foot tall. Wish I could have it carved into something interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Marie Smith said...

What a great job! It is a beauty.

BeachGypsy said...

That is so amazing, and very pretty. Yes!! I would go knock on the door for sure! (I've done that before!) Most folks are friendly enough to tell you about things. How in the WORLD someone could CARVE THAT I don't know!!??

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is a creative way to make use of an old tree trunk.

The Furry Gnome said...

The most interesting, detailed tree carving I've seen.

Angie said...

Debbie - your hubby knows you well! This is an amazing piece of art. We are all counting on you to go back and ask those questions; inquiring minds want to know!

italiafinlandia said...

Finely done.

Brian King said...

That's very unique! Well done, too! I can't believe your "cool stuff" alarm wasn't going off before Chuck saw it. :-)

Conniecrafter said...

They did a great job with this, you don't often see them painted like this either. In Mississppi after the hurricanes when the trees were stripped and there wasn't nothing left but the base of the trees so down the boulevard they hired a guy to carve them, it is pretty cool although you can't get a good glimpse of them unless there is bumper to bumper traffic so you can stop and really see them well. It would be interesting to find out more :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is a beautiful carving. I love the sea life creatures. Well done! I hope you are having a great day!

The Padre said...

What A Beautiful Piece Of Art Work - I Am Glad You Didn't Knock On Doors - I Enjoy My Own World Of Imaginations - I Appreciate All The Detailed Photos As Well - If You Do Go Back, I Am Curious As To How Many Hours This Master Piece Took

Cheers

DeniseinVA said...

Oh wow, that is an amazing work of art and how wonderful that it extends the tree's life this way. Your photos are amazing too Debbie, thanks for sharing them.

Lowcarb team member said...

How amazing, and creative.

All the best Jan

Jeannee said...

WOW!!!

Debbie said...

thanks jeannee, nice to see you again!!

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Amazing!