Thursday, March 12, 2020

The Worm Moon

It was the first super moon of the year on Monday.
Called the "Worm Moon"
I did not capture the color and clarity that I had hoped for.
From my backyard these were the best I captured and the best I have to share.



This picture, not as good as the first - a lucky snap...do you see the flock of birds?

I like the pretty wisps in this image.
The water pictured here is the river we live on.
We should have gone down to the ocean but I was so tired on this night, 
I could barely walk to the backyard.

Next time for sure, I bet it was spectacular there!

In other news, I finished my Farm Girl Shawl, I just need buttons for it.
I have been staying home a lot because of my concerns with the Coronavirus.
Living with MS my immune system is very compromised because of the medication I take,
I have to be careful.

Today I went for a haircut and to have my nails done, 
it felt good to be out and about and to see the girls who "fix me up"!

I hope you got to see the Super Moon, it was very beautiful!

17 comments:

italiafinlandia said...

The flock of birds against the moon is lovely!

Andy said...

Count me in too. Capturing the birds flying across the the face of the moon is a awesome shot... well done!

Sandi said...

That moon is amazing!

I think I see the birds. Are they in the upper right area by the water? Hmm...I wish I could point.

Natalia said...

So pretty!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, beautiful moon captures. I like the reflection shot, it is lovely. Stay well and take good care! Wishing you a happy day!

Marie Smith said...

Debbie, hope you avoid this virus! Stay safe!

Sally said...

I have missed visiting you, sweet Debbie. Yes, stay away from that virus; you have enough to deal with it.

That moon is awesome; you did get some great photo's. :)

xoxo

Changes in the wind said...

Oh my the picture with the flock of birds is exceptional and your shot of the moon are great!

Conniecrafter said...

how cool you got the birds going over the moon, I did see it but didn't get any pictures. I love that lost shot with the reflection on the water like that, so cool!
I know what you mean you have to decided when and where to get out anymore, you stay well!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Gorgeous moon shot. Capturing the birds flying in front of the moon was icing on the cake!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Three amazing photographs.

In these uncertain times, it is important to take extra care.
My good wishes.

All the best Jan

BeachGypsy said...

Glad you got our for that haircut and nails session! I didn't get any great pictures of the worm moon either, but did the best I could, LOL! I actually love your one with the smeary, swirly, foggy, image best out of all of them!--to me pictures like that tell more of "a story" and are more interesting. Love the reflections.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the shot with the birds in it. That’s pretty special.

The Furry Gnome said...

Great moon shots if you ask me!

Brian King said...

Beautiful! Looks like a small flock of geese.

Debbie said...

they are in the second picture, toward the bottom. i think you may have been looking at the wrong picture!!!

Sandi said...

Oh, I see them now! I was looking at the water picture.