Monday, April 16, 2018

Kite's At The Pier

Saturday was the annual Kite Festival at Pier Village in Long Branch.
Big kites, little kites, we go each year and really enjoy it!
The festival is held right on the beach, 
always mid April.
As we left the house, it felt like it was 80 degrees out and I worried it might be too hot for me.
When we got to the beach area it was pretty cool, nice and enjoyable for me.
We parked and rode the bikes in, parking in Pier Village is impossible.
There were some new kites this year...
it was nice and breezy, the perfect day to fly a kite.




This Sea Horse was my favorite!




There's a cool train back there, it stayed on the ground.









The beach is the perfect place for this colorful event
and it always brings out a lot of people.

There are 5 good restaurants in Pier Village but all were booked.
Too bad because one is a favorite of ours.

Does your area have a kite festival? Do you go?
This is a traveling festival that goes to many towns and states.
Keep your eyes open, it may visit a town near you and I think you would enjoy it!

15 comments:

Plain Jane said...

As far as I know, we don't have a kite festival in my area.
Those kites are so cool, my favorite was the octopus.

Sandi said...

My 11 year old just said that's awesome!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Must be a whites only pastime - I see but two black faces on the whole beach and no other visible minorities.

Marie Smith said...

Colourful and pretty. A happy place to be. The world needs more of it, Debbie.

LeAnn said...

I do love all the awesome photos on this one. I like that your favorite kite is purple!! I love the pink kite; so cute. This does look like a wonderful event and I am happy the weather was perfect for you. Blessings and hugs!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am sure we have nothing like that around here. I am fascinated by those unusual kites.

Michelle said...

Those kites are enormous. Pretty cool!

italiafinlandia said...

Wow...3D kites!
I had never seen them before!

Wietrzyk said...

Great fun :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the beach looks like a summer day. Love the kites, so colorful. It does look like a happy place. Enjoy your day!

Brian King said...

Oh, impressive! The black horse is awesome! I like the octopus, too.

21 Wits said...

Wow, what wonderful fun!

Unknown said...

What fun, Debbie, and the seahorse is my favorite one too.
We don't have a kite festival, but we do have a hot air balloon festival each year over Labor Day Weekend.

Lowcarb team member said...

I have been to a kite festival once when we were on holiday, it was so colourful and great fun.

The kites in your pictures look very big and so colourful.
A treat for the eyes!

All the best Jan

Karen Lakis said...

The kites make a stunningly colorful display on the beach! Good idea to ride your bikes in. I'm not sure if we have a kite festival - I really need to do a better job at being aware of the events in my area.