Thursday, April 19, 2018

Home Chef

I am still receiving Home Chef Meals 
and they continue to bring excitement in to my kitchen.
The excitement begins, when the box arrives.
Easy to unpack, each meal for two is presented in one zip-lock sack, 
the meats are stored outside of the sack and are vacuum sealed.
Everything is pre-measured and super fresh.
There is a recipe card for each meal, with step by step instructions,
that are super easy to follow.
I am receiving 3 meals per week and we have only received one meal that we, I didn't like.

After doing several of these posts, 
I realize I am going to have to "spice" up my pictures a tad,
everything looks exactly the same.
In all fairness to the hubs and I, the house usually smells awesome at picture time,
 we are hungry...the picture is obligatory, a quick snap and go...
- "let's eat already" -

Steak au Poivre with Roasted Onion Potatoes and Mushrooms

Cheesy French Onion Chicken Hero with Roasted Potato Rounds

Chicken Moutarde with Roasted Green Beans & Rice


Pizza Bianca with Zucchini Ribbons and Rosemary - Tomatoes & Pine Nuts

Chicken Scampi with Ciabatta Croutons

Butternut Squash Cavatappi with Brown Butter, Walnuts & Sage
This was the one meal that I did not like, the hubs loved it but he's like Mikey,
he'll eat anything!

Now for the nitty, gritty low down...
Could I go to the food store and buy the ingredients cheaper - maybe.
Would I have some waste - definitely.
Would the ingredients be as fresh - I don't think so.
Would the food I cook on my own be as creative and delicious - definitely not.
Most recipes have ingredients & demi-glazes for the sauces that taste outstanding.
Flavors that add that little extra something to a recipe that I would not be able to recreate.

For the hubs and I, this is perfect and fun!

13 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I would think that ordering for two is probably the most effective way to use a service like this. If you were a family with four grown kids, for example, dinner alone for the family would be $60 per meal - clearly excessive and beyond the reach of almost anyone.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love your food photos. Everything looks delicious. My son and his girlfriend started ordering from Home Chef. They love having the food prepared and the recipes provided. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

roughterrain crane said...

Great dishes. Delicious food is one of the best energies for our lives.

Marie Smith said...

They all look delicious! The photos are great! Squash is hit or miss with me.

Changes in the wind said...

So glad you are enjoying this and the food looks wonderful!

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you continue to enjoy this service, Debbie, and also that you continue to post these yummy looking meals here. I would not have liked the Butternut Squash Cavatappi either, but simply because I do not like sage in anything. A substitution or no substitution at all, and I would have loved it!
xo.

Judy said...

What a nice treat for you. Everything all put together and ready to cook.

Lowcarb team member said...

You clearly enjoy it!
Lovely to see your photographs.

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

Of all those meals you have made and there was only one you didn't like I think that is pretty good odds. You always take good pictures of anything you do, and no one wants to eat a cold meal :)

BeachGypsy said...

they all look delicious to me! I'm glad you're trying something new and fun! And that you show it to us! I also missed commenting on yesterday's post....your blanket is absolutely beautiful, you do lovely work! Alot of hours put into that for sure! Glad you liked my post, yes it's beautiful here where we live and we love it--I also think your area looks beautiful and your beaches are pretty! Yes, I wore the purple shirt for you! LOL I like purple too. My fingernails are purple right now.

Karen Lakis said...

You meals look delicious - and what a great variety! It's good to hear positive reviews for this service - I've seen advertisements and been tempted to give them a try.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I love that you're having fun with this --- in my opinion you're paying for groceries AND for a fun hobby, so you have to consider that in thinking of the cost. Plus it is way cheaper than eating a meal of this calibre in a restaurant ... and I don't know about you, but eating out more than once a week gets to be a drag instead of fun. So spicing up meals at home is worth it however you do it. And by the way, I think your food photograph y is fine. (I thought from the first post you did on this that we wouldn't have time to take a picture of dinner before we ate it all up!).

Brian King said...

Goodness, those all look fantastic!