Friday, April 20, 2018

A Few Minutes With A Mockingbird

I spend much of my day in my home office.
Lot's of windows, views of the river...I am surrounded by my bird feeding garden.
There is a Sand Cherry Tree to the left of the window,
 it is a favorite landing spot for all of my feathered friends and my "secret viewing arena"!
I am pretty sure I only have one mockingbird in the yard right now,
returning after being absent all Winter, I had forgotten how easy this bird is to photograph.
I had the window open when he/she landed in the Cherry Tree...
and spending a few minutes up close with this beautiful bird was glorious!

I love each of these pictures for a different reason...












This is a non-zoomed view of the area.
The branches have grown in an almost circular pattern, 
giving the birds a perfect place to land.

And if Spring ever arrives, this tree will have beautiful little flowers on it.

SaveSaveSaveSave

17 comments:

Mersad said...

Absolutely magnificent. Love the close ups and details you captured.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

David M. Gascoigne, said...

A great friend to have right outside your window. Maybe it will find a mate and they will both come to visit you.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie. The tree is a perfect perch for the birds and for taking your photos. Pretty mocker, I love it's eyes. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

Marie Smith said...

Wow. Incredible shots, Debbie. I love the way it tips its head. The feather markings are beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I would never see one here.

Linda said...

The mockingbird is our favorite and the state bird of Texas! I like to count the number of different songs she sings. Usually 11 to 13 different calls!we have one that sings here at the ranch from the top of the power pole right by our camper!
Love your photos! They are like art!

Changes in the wind said...

All the pictures are great but the one with his head cocked is over the top:)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

He sure was striking some nice poses for you. We saw a baby house finch at our feeders today but it's hard to get a good photo from our lanai and if we open the door they fly away. We can enjoy watching them though. Have a beautiful day!

Conniecrafter said...

They are all wonderful pictures from great angles too! I finally purchased a bird book so that I can hopefully know what kind of bird I am looking at but I am still having problems knowing if I am getting them correct. I believe we have a mockingbird too, Greg is pretty sure too. He doesn't come often and it is fairly quickly but neat to watch him. I can't wait to see the picks of the birds once your tree starts to bloom :)

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Not the most beautiful looking birds, but they sing their hearts out for the world to hear.

Pam said...

Beautiful shots Debbie. I love sitting out and listening to them MOCK other birds...

Ruth Hiebert said...

What an incredibly beautiful bird! Even though these birds lack bright colors,they are gorgeous.

italiafinlandia said...

Very nice and neat shots!

LeAnn said...

I do believe that that beautiful mockingbird poses just for you. I can see some bird personality. These are fantastic shots!
Blessings and hugs!

Sally said...

Outstand, as always Debbie. You are a master photographer with your own models :)

xoxo

Unknown said...

What a beautiful little one, Debbie, and I swear these sweet ones pose for you!
I especially love the 5th one here. That little head tilt is adorable.
xo.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your close ups are just wonderful ...

All the best Jan

Brian King said...

These are wonderful! Mockingbirds are one of my favorites even though they can be bullies. So sassy! LOL