Thursday, December 7, 2023

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things

December is already starting to fly by...can you feel it?
I thought I would share a few of my favorite "things" and my favorite things to do.

My friend Leanne made quite a few recipes from this cookbook and fell in love with it. 
I picked it up at the library, 
I really liked it as well, so I purchased it on Amazon so I could have my own copy.
100 recipes all made in one pot, pan or dish.

I purchased this "Lanolin Hand & Body Balm" when I went to the 
Sheep & Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, NY
A small, roll on, you only need a little bit, I purchased the scent Cider Donut and I really love it.
Lanolin, not found in hand creams, makes it wonderful.

I purchased this mug at the same sheep and wool festival and it has become my fast favorite.
I the hubs (he mentioned I should make this correction, and he is right) 
uses it every morning for my hot tea...
It makes the perfect cup, he knows the exact amount of sugar, 
 and it reminds me my favorite weekend with my "girl" friends.

I really enjoy watching my KC Chiefs play football.
They lost on Sunday, 
it was a tough loss but the Green Bay Packers outplayed us and deserved the win.
Still, I enjoy the game, and have fun watching and rooting for my team.

Knitting for Christmas gifts is well underway....again.
You probably won't remember but I knit several hats for gifting earlier this year,
in January or February I think, but I am at it again.
I finished the purple hat and started another one in dark gray.

My Christmas Cactus is in bloom, it has both flowers and buds.

12 comments:

Rian said...

Debbie, you always make me want to start knitting again. It's been a while. And I love your Christmas sheep mug, really cute.

I have a Christmas Cactus too (actually it may be a Thanksgiving cactus - not sure). It was blooming when I bought it, but has now lost all it's blooms. I don't think it likes me. I'm very interactive with my other 2 inside plants (talking to them and giving their leaves a shake). Someone said to NOT do this with the cactus... don't even give it eye contact?? What is your advice?

acorn hollow said...

I love your mug. I am knitting slippers to have if some one want to remove their shoes.
Cathy

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

That mug is awefully cute, as are your hats. They look super warm. I don't know what is going on with KC this year, the Packers played well, KC is just not playing up to their previous years. Hopefully they can make a run during the playoffs.

Marie Smith said...

Love the colour of the hat you’ve completed.

Latane Barton said...

Oh, Debbie, the mug and the balm.. my kind of gifts. I love them both. I am waiting for my Christmas cactus buds to open up. That Santa is so adorable, holding that sweet little teddy bear! Loved your post!! I guess you can tell. hehe Have a good one! Latane

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

What a gorgeous mug!
The hat is a nice yarn. Well done there

Catherine said...

Love your mug. The cookbook is very useful for winter meals !

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,

One pots meals are great, I will look for the cookbook.
Your sheep mug is so cute!
I love the knitted hat, well done.
The Christmas cactus is so pretty, looks nice sitting next to Santa.
Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!

R's Rue said...

Such a nice post.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Leanne Coppola said...

We have LOTS of similar favorite things!!! xoxoxo

Conniecrafter said...

You know my air fryer oven came with some one pan recipes I haven't tried yet, I will have to get the pamphlet out again and see if there is something on there that sounds good.
That balm does sound like it would smell nice :) The cup is too cute!
The hats look great, like the little variation in the colors.
Your cactus is so pretty!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your mug.

All the best Jan