Saturday, December 9, 2023

Saturday Critters #521

 People ask me if I really get this close to the birds, I do.
I hang out of my office window and the birds land in a tree about 40 feet from the window.
My zoom lens brings me this close, and it is a thrill to share the same space with them.


This is the female Downy Woodpecker.


They are here year round and make the cutest chirping sound.
I always know they are hanging on the suet because I can hear them.



I think this is the Yellow Rumped Warbler


There are about 50 different Warblers and none of the pictures in my book look like this.
These are widespread and I only see them in the winter and especially when we get snow.
There is a lot more yellow on the body when they fly off.



The Robin Red Breasts spend the winters with me.


They are suppose to leave for winter, according to my book, but someone forgot to tell them.
They are a beautiful bird, often overlooked because they are so common.


Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

10 comments:

Susie said...

Debbie, I love all your bird pictures. My daughter needs a lens like yours, she is a birder. Loves hiking and bird watching n especially seeing new birds. Hope you are well and staying warm. It's 60 here today, so rare for Dec. But the cold stuff is coming. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

That Downy is so cute! I bet that robin loves those juniper seeds.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,

You have some beautiful photos of the Downy Woodpecker, the Yellow-rumped Warbler and the Robin with the berries! Great yard birds! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Downy woodpeckers are some of my favorite birds...they are so petite and pretty. Love the blue berries as the background in the photos too. Very nice! Happy weekend!

RedPat said...

We still have Robins here too. The Downy Woodpeckers stay all winter which is nice.
The detail in your shots is always amazing to me.

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful photographs of these lovely birds.

All the best Jan

Linda said...

I LOVE your bird pics!!! Next best thing to being right there with them!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

My goodness, you take gorgeous photographs!
The downy woodpecker has quite a pensive look about her. I wonder what she is thinking, and if she thinks in chirps or has a language in her brain.

Marie Smith said...

Many Robins stay here all winter now. This was unheard of not too long ago. They must have gotten the memo about global warming too. These are great photos!

GreenComotion said...

Wonderful captures, Debbie. Thank you for sharing these joyous moments with all of us. Take care.