Monday, December 4, 2023

How To Make Your Home Cozy This Winter

 Making your home cozy this winter is so important...
it will evoke the feeling of 
"I love being home during this season".

Starting with the most important element to me...does your home smell good?
This potpourri is so easy to put together and it will make your home smell amazing.
The best part is, 
you can use almost anything you have on hand, 
I think citrus, vanilla, and cinnamon are the three best ingredients.
I did not have everything she included but I was happy with what I used.


One orange, 2 apples, 5 cinnamon sticks, a bunch of rosemary,
1 and 1/2 cups of fresh cranberries, vanilla, cinnamon and cloves.

I let this simmer on the stove all day and the house smelled amazing!
Candles and scented oils work well also.

Plush accents, heavier fabrics and keeping the house temperature warm. 

Having lots of pillows and blankets on the sofa...
 and make sure you have plenty of rugs on the floors as well.
Create a warm, soft glow with lighting, sometimes just switching out light bulbs creates that warmth.

And if you are lucky enough to have one of these,
if you don't need it for heat run it just for the warm glow it adds to a room.

Nothing makes a home feel more cozy than the smell of fresh baked cookies.


Lay picture books, memory books and magazines on the coffee table and end tables.


Keep books open so you are more inclined to flip through the pages.

These 2 books are my favorites,
reading them always makes me feel warm and cozy.

15 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I am going to try the potpourri recipe! Your home is beautiful and cozy.
The cookies look delicious! Take care, have a great week!

Marie Smith said...

I have a similar collection of potpourri this year too. Love the idea of the books. Our rooms are usually covered in them in a non deliberate way. I will give intentional positioning a go.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Great pictures! Great decor as well
The wood stove glow is major, even a fauc fireplace surround gives the room atmosphere.
Your cookies looks delicious. Time to get out the cookie press I haven't used in years. :)

Leanne Coppola said...

I love how cozy your home is. And that potpourri on the stove looks beautiful. I can smell it through the blog!!!! xoxoxo

DrumMajor said...

Glad the wood burning stove is "cool" enough to not burn the hat sitting on it! It all looks lovely. Linda in Kansas

Linda said...

Hmm, that electric fireplace gives me an idea for my Christmas list. I have a gas fireplace that I really dislike. I can’t stand the smell of gas, and it was causing such a draft that we have blocked the front of it.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Dear Debbie!
Your home is cozy and pampered in every detail. The cookies look very appetizing.
Hugs and greetings.

BeachGypsy said...

Hi Debbie- I just got my Better Homes and Gardens too! I love all your memory books-- I have many myself. I'm SO OLD I HAVE ALOT!!! LOL. I make simmer pots too, mostly oranges and cinnamon and heavy on the CLOVES, lemons too. Thanks for the reply on how long you visited the Christmas store--- I can spend hours doing the same!! Hope your weekend was great!

Hena Tayeb said...

Look at all those cookies!
You're house must smell amazing right now.

Lowcarb team member said...

All great ideas.
Your home looks fabulous.

All the best Jan

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

You home certainly does look cozy. I love the potpourri idea, that is one thing that I miss in the winter is the fresh smells, or fresh air.

DeniseinVA said...

Festive and fun! Love them all!

Conniecrafter said...

so many great ideas, I just love the glow of the Christmas lights this time of year