Thursday, December 28, 2023

Christmas Day

 I am going to give Christmas Day a quick tally up.
Youngest son Mike was here for a week, we took him back to the airport yesterday,
it was really great to have him home, I miss him already.

Christmas morning was pretty quiet, Mike opened his gifts, and we had coffee cake for breakfast.

He's wearing the hat I made him for Christmas.


There was not much of a mess, 
I remember such grand messes from yesteryear...
they always made me smile.

We went to my nieces house around 1 pm, 
we only buy gifts for my great nieces Addie and Lorelei.
None of the adults exchange presents.

For Lorelei...

For Addie...
I made the hats for them and they looked beautiful wearing them!

We always have Chinese takeout for dinner, it was hot and fresh,
really delicious and no one had to cook!

We played this "Left*Right" game again...
if you have a crowd, it is a really fun game to play!

We had a great couple days with family and an awesome week with Mike.

9 comments:

Rian said...

Love your pictures, Debbie. Your son is handsome... and I like his hat! The nieces are adorable. Have never heard of the Left Right game. So glad you had a good Christmas. Wishing you a wonderful 2024!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie
Sounds like a great Christmas. I only buy gifts for my great niece and great nephew and our grandchildren. I like all the hats you made, they are a pretty color. Mike looks good in his hat too. Take care, have a great day!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Looks like a great day, glad your son was able to make it home making this special day even specialer!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love all the hats you made.
Lovely photographs you've shared.
Sounds like Christmas was good :)

All the best Jan

acorn hollow said...

What a lovely Christmas you had. yes we play left right center when the family is together too
Cathy

Conniecrafter said...

Glad you had a week with Michael, the time is precious I know :) The hat fit him perfectly and matched what he was wearing too :) I bet the girls were thrilled with their gifts!

DeniseinVA said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas and it was lovely meeting your son. Great he was able to come honor Christmas. He sure looked good in the hat you knitted him. Fun to see the girls with their gifts too.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Nice Christmas with family.
Your son is adorable in his new hat. He has a charming smile.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

So nice to have your dear son home for Christmas, Debbie! I love all the hats you made for your son and sweet nieces. I've never heard of the game, but I will have to look for it. Chinese food sounds perfect to me! Hugs xo K