Tuesday, December 5, 2023

A Longwood Gardens Christmas

 is always most beautiful at Christmas.
We have annual passes, we visit every season, and this years Christmas display did not disappoint.
 "A Very Retro Christmas" was this years theme, we saw a lot of tinsel, baubles, and tinsel garland.
They made it look spectacular!

One blog post I enjoyed, yes they have a blog, was 
where they shared one food and one drink recipe.
The mushroom appetizer or was it an entree looked and sounded amazing.

You can read about the refurbishing of this truck here, also on their blog. 

Youngest son Michael came with us.
it was so fun to share this magical place with him!

Next are all the different trees...I have no idea how many we saw.












- have yourself a merry retro christmas -

12 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Stunning place! Somebody is tired from decorating all of those trees. Your son definitely looks like he belongs to you! Linda in Kansas

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie :=)

What an amazing place with Such beautifully decorated trees for every taste, Personally I like the silver tinsel ones, and love the 6th photo down. The poinsettias are beautiful and always very festive. I'm glad you were able to go there with your son, it's always nicer when you can share an experience like this with loved ones.

I finally got down to decorating the Christmas tree this afternoon and my daughter put the glass finial on top. It does look pretty.

BeachGypsy said...

Oh, yall already been to Longwood!!--- when I see that on your title, I KNOW it's a post I'm going to love! Over the years you've shown us so many beautiful things there and I do so enjoy it! So glad your son came to visit! Great pictures of yall. You look very pretty and very happy. Slide some copies of those into your Christmas cards.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Y'all looks so cute and happy in your photos.
The trees are mind blowing beautiful! They all look so perfect.

Leanne Coppola said...

So pretty! Loved seeing pictures of Michael too!

Marie Smith said...

What a great place to share with your son!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

And a Merry Retro Christmas to you as well. What an interesting place, we would love to walk through there!

DeniseinVA said...

How lovely to see Michael join you. This place is on my bucket list. I have always wanted to go there ever since I saw your first photos of the place.

eileeninmd said...

Great photos from Longwood. It looks so pretty decorated for Christmas.
I am glad your son was able to go with you too. Fun times and happy memories.
Take care, have a great day!

Lowcarb team member said...

How nice that Michael joined you.
Lovely looking trees, I enjoyed your photographs.

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

Love the old truck with the tree in the back end, and oh my are all those trees so gorgeous, I can't imagine how pretty it must have been in real life. So glad you were able to enjoy that all with Michael.

Catherine said...

Beautiful place I love all the Xmas trees!