Wednesday, October 18, 2023

The Scarecrows In Peddler's Village...

It's Autumn and that means it's scarecrow season in 
100 scarecrows line the cobblestone paths along the shops in the village.
Some of the scarecrows are inspired by famous characters, some are humorous - some are scary -
but all of them are carefully handcrafted by Philadelphia area residents and organizations!
In it's 44th year...people viewing the scarecrows can vote for their favorite.
We go every fall...
 this year I only photographed my favorites.



















- it's not how a man looks on the outside that's important, 
the only thing that counts is what's on the inside - 

Does your town have scarecrows on display? Do you enjoy seeing them?
Did you have a favorite here - let me know in the comments.

13 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Some pretty interesting and unique scarecrows! I like the first three the best. We don't have displays like that within hours of us. I doubt there is anything like that in our state.

Rian said...

As for standard scarecrows, I like 39 and 122... but 75 is unique. And no, I don't think we have anything like that around here. (The 2 people standing with the scarecrows are pretty cute too).

Debbie said...

hehehehe...good one rian!! we used the pumpkins to hide our ever growing stomachs!!!

BeachGypsy said...

That looks like a fun place to visit! The pictures of yall are so cute--- and that happy smile on your face! Lots of neat scarecrows. I could never pick a favorite. We had a scarecrow in our bigger garden 5HESsummer and it wasn't ANYTHING like these!!! Ha ha LOL

BeachGypsy said...

THIS summer, NOT 5HES!!!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

That's Fun!
The first photo, the witch is fantastic. For funniest, I go for #43. Nice tradition

Lowcarb team member said...

Here in the UK quite a few towns/villages have scarecrow festivals and trails, which are such a fun event.
Really enjoyed seeing your photographs.

All the best Jan

The Furry Gnome said...

Wow! Those are amazing!

Marie Smith said...

They are beauties. My favourites are the two humans!

eileeninmd said...

I love all the scarecrows, they are so creative and fun. Well done.
Great photos! Take care, have a great day!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh it is a hard one for me there are so many cool ones, everyone is so creative but I will have to say that I love the sonny bone-o!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

What a lot of fun! I like Dorothy and her special scarecrow -- and even I recognized johnny Depp as a pirate -- that was really close to real' .. quite hard to pick a favorite thougoh, they are all good. Looks like it's still nice and sunny in your neck of the woods. Yay!

♥ Liz ♥ said...

They are all fantastic but being ex military, I'd have to vote for number 75.