Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Comfort Food

 Winter has not even begun and comfort food has been on the menu more times than not.
With all the rain we had, and eating most meals at home, 
my brain jumps to the opportunity to cook,
 - comfort food -
It's a thing...when the weather outside is frightful, the food inside must be delightful.
On my Autumn Bucket List is to cook a new soup and this one fit the bill perfectly.

Creamy White Bean Lemon Orzo Soup
A Home Chef Meal
it produced 2 large bowls of very hearty soup.

- Ingredients -
I used spinach instead of kale, we are not very fond of kale, though I doubt it would have mattered.

- Directions -

A hearty and really delicious soup on a rainy day.

I served it with a big loaf of crusty bread.

It took about 30 minutes and I have another "check" on the bucket list.

12 comments:

Marie Smith said...

What a great way to eat kale cooked in a yummy recipe. I have so much in the garden I don’t know why I grew it.

21 Wits said...

Looks delicious and it's funny marketing like our stores even are already putting out Christmas things and Halloween hasn't arrived yet!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Looks good. Soup is perfect for cold weather. The soup dish, I considered buying those in yellow.

Jennifer said...

That does look tasty! And, I'm with you...not much of a kale fan:) But all of the rest - yum!!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

I love soups with beans. In my case, this large white bean is called Piękny Jaś. Your dish looks very appetizing.
Have a nice sunny October.

eileeninmd said...

I love all soups. Looks delicious!
But, I could not get my hubby to eat beans.
Take care, have a great day!

Leanne Coppola said...

Looks delicious! I love Half Baked Harvest recipes. I noticed she was part of the home chef recipes for a limited time. I was wondering if you were going to get any of hers. Now I know!

Lowcarb team member said...

"when the weather outside is frightful, the food inside must be delightful."
I like these words :)

Your soup looks delicious, perfect for cooler Autumn days.

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

I am not a soup girl, especially don't like those beans so I would have to pass on this dish but I know there are certain foods we like more when it is cold outside!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I love cooking during Fall here in Oregon because it is my main chance to cook and eat comfort food! (Since we are in Florida during winter lately and those stick-to-the-ribs recipes don't appeal as much there.) Now for the next couple months or so I can crank up the oven every day if I want to. And I do want to!

DeniseinVA said...

Thanks for sharing this. Looks absolutely delicious!

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Thank you for sharing the recipe.