Monday, October 30, 2023

Halloween in New Jersey

 The people of New Jersey take Halloween very seriously.
Most homes are decorated, even if it is just pumpkins and mums, 
but some people take it to a whole-nother level.
Almost everywhere we go, the hubs has to pull over so I can take pictures...
tonight we are going to go for our traditional "looking at Halloween decorations" drive.

Here are some pictures of the homes I have passed recently along the way!





















Do you decorate your home for Halloween?
Do you enjoy driving around looking at all of the decorations?
Do people in your area go all out decorating for the holiday?

- when witches go riding and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers 'tis near Halloween -

8 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Wow, love seeing communities embrace Halloween like this!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Ditto Wow!

Okay, the big spider got me, and I'm not afraid of spiders. That is the creepiest house! Amazing decorations, and a lot of them.

Kay said...

I think there's only 1 or 2 homes in our area that are decorated for Halloween. I just put up some small window clings. That's about it.

I can't get over all the decorations in your neighborhood. That is amazing! And so much fun!

The Furry Gnome said...

Oh my goodness! Is there a national contest?

Marie Smith said...

Those are quite the decorations! Those people are serious Hallowe’enies!

Conniecrafter said...

It is just amazing the set ups some people have for sure. I saw on TV how much people spend on the decorations and costumes and it is just crazy.
I decorate more for fall but I do have a jackolantern felt hanging that I made that I put out every year. I gave most of my stuff away to my nephew and his wife who are big time into decorating for halloween. I do have a few things we have made over the years that I put up inside the house.
We don't really go around looking for houses decorating, just look at the ones on our normal routes :)

DeniseinVA said...

Wow! Those are amazing decorations and you took great photos, what fun!

♥ Liz ♥ said...

When we lived in Texas I had to ask what a mum was!! In the UK they are your Mom/Mother :0)
We don't seem to do Halloween on the same scale as the USA and at work we don't decorate as, being a special needs school, some of our children don't like it.
Your pictures are great though. Love the skeletons carrying a body :0)