Saturday, October 28, 2023

Saturday Critters #515

 After coming home from my girls trip to the sheep and wool festival, I have been super busy,
off my game, but I am getting closer to my routine.
The hubs and I took a ride yesterday...the usual suspects, donuts at the inlet,
the beach and Lake of the Lilies.
The lake was filled to the brim with swans and ducks...
I was surprised to see that the Egrets have yet to leave for winter, that there was a Snowy Egret,
because I never see Snowy Egrets.


- and look at all those turtles - 


This is the Snowy Egret
It took off and landed in a tree right above me.
It's not a great picture, but it was so close I wanted to share it.


This is the Male American Wigeon who only spends winters with us.




The Mute Swans were showing off...they will be leaving soon for winter.


Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

17 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

I always look forward to your Saturday critters. Great choice on the widgeon as a subject. Of all the waterfowl I know, the blue bill on the male widgeon is so coolest!

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful outing and photos Debbie! I could not ask for more than a beach visit, the lake, the birds and donuts yum! The Swans, Ducks and the Egrets are all beautiful. I would think more winter ducks will be arriving soon. The Wigeon is pretty. It is cool to see all those turtles too, it has been nice and warm lately. Thank you for linking up and sharing your critter post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Dear Debbie!
Your photos are wonderful. This swan really poses for your photo.
Have a nice weekend.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovley pictures, the birds are a delight to see.
You have a nice area to stroll about. The male American Wigeon duck has a charming character unlike other ducks. Nice photos. I think as a hook rug motif, he would be a star.

Ruth S said...

Where do they go?

Marie Smith said...

Wow! So close to that egret. Love the birds but the turtles…incredible!

Bonnie K said...

Love the photos. That wigeon is quite pretty. Thank you for sharing.

GreenComotion said...

The American Wigeon is so darn cute.
Great photos, all of them.
Take care.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Welcome back from your girls' trip! The stunning photos you've shared are fantastic.

Penelope Notes said...

The swans are extra beautiful when showing off their soft and downy feathers.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad you had fun and this day out was fun too. Love the snowy Egrets and we rarely see them here. Love the Widgeons...they are unique!

Debbie said...

hi ruth, i hope you and chris are well!! the swans migrate to warmer climates. i don't usually see any here during the cold months!!

Lowcarb team member said...

It certainly was a good outing, with lots of great photographs to take and share.
I did enjoy the turtles with the egret, and the mute swans are wonderful.

All the best Jan

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Debbie, marvelous photos and thank you so much for sharing them.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie, :=)
You smashed it with all these lovely captures. The swans showing off are beautiful.

♥ Liz ♥ said...

You're lucky having all that lovely wildlife on your doorstep.

Yvonne said...

You take some of the most beautiful photos of nature, and it is always a joy to look through them.